Bacteria Supplement

I've cycled a tank both with and without the product "Cycle" and it seems like it took the exact same amount of time both ways. I'm sure it doesn't hurt, but it really doesn't help either.

ps. For me it wasn't a waste of money because I got the bottle of Cycle FREE with my new filter. :bingo:

Bacteria supplements are used to help cycle a tank. The theory behind them is that these supplements add in some of the live bacteria that would grow naturally as the water processes the ammonia in the tank and give the tank cycle a bit of a boost and make it cycle faster. Some people have had luck with them while some have not. But, regardless of what success people may or may not have had with these bacteria supplements, once a tank is cycled, they are no longer needed because there is plenty of bacteria in the tank doing its job. Adding more as part of a weekly water change and tank maintenance routine would do nothing to help the tank and is just a waste of money.

Edited by Lynda Von G