New Pics!

br553

Here are some new pics of my guys. I'm amazed how big Boggles is now. He looks a bit faded because I took the pics just after lights on this morning

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

These are the other guys. Ed is nearly all white now

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

The "red" on Boggle's mouth is not any problem that has developed. It is just some bright orange pigment that has shown up over the last few months. It almost looks like lipstick

Edited by br553

WOW! Boggles is looking totally INCREDIBLE! Sooo much growth since the last pics. He always reminds me of my black demekin Flapper but here he has outgrown and exceeded my Flappers growth. Also looks like some orange is coming through on his underbelly right? I have that with Flapper too.

All your fish have amazing hump. Attitude :rockon

The bronzing is most noticable just after I turn on the lights, but after a couple of hours, it gets darker and less obvious. He is pretty big now, about 2 years old. He's about as big as my hand.

Their tank is a 46g bowfront. Perhaps a bit overstocked for the type, but they seem healthy and happy. I do run a aquaclear 110, penguin 330 and a 170gph power sponge filter in the tank. Theoretically, I have about 1000 gph, but actual output is most likely less than that. At one point, I had as many as 9 goldies in the 46. That was before I found Koko's of course

kewl pics

boggles look great

and soon he will be red and black what a cool coloration

and your single tails are huge

how big is the single tails tank?

That would be an interesting color combination for boggles, the orange started to appear in the last month, but the bronze on his belly has been there since I got him about 2 years ago.

Did you know that you should clean off the water off the front of the tank from time to time? lol

Great looking fish. Hope you can work out something to remove some more from that 46 gallon soon they do look way over crowded. Poor guys. But yes they look great. And all that extra filteration I am sure is why and I know you do water changes every couple days too.

Yep, the glass is a bit dirty, but I had done water changes a couple of days ago and keep forgeting to clean the outside glass. I do a 30% change once a week. I know it should probably be more, but what I have been doing seems to have worked over the last 5 years. Plus the big tank has some thick algae along most of the back so that helps take care of some of the nitrates