October Morning At The Pool-pond

Nice going there, Oliver! Wow, that is a big crowd, and do I see some smaller babies amongst the group? I can spot some very gravid females in there - expecting any fry any time soon? :D

Nice going there, Oliver! Wow, that is a big crowd, and do I see some smaller babies amongst the group? I can spot some very gravid females in there - expecting any fry any time soon? :D

There may be only a few babies left out of this year's most recent crop, as I lost a lot during the renovation process. The last thing I need are more fish, so I hope those females are not loaded with eggs.

Oliver

Sorry to break it to you, but they are loaded with something, alright.... :tomuch: Get the brine shrimp hatcheries ready! :whistle

Wow!

That's awesome. Very well done!

Must feel good to watch all them guys cruise by in a school after putting so much hard work into the renovation.

That's terrific. Thanks for the pics.

Nice pics

they are nice and clear and the water is too

have you tried swimming with them? it would be cool

and how they school is so neat

how did you clean out your pool? (so fish could live in it)

Edited by FishCrazy

Turquoise water. Wasn't expecting that . It looks so beautiful :D . And I see what you mean about the schooling happening in size groups..fascinating. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Sorry to break it to you, but they are loaded with something, alright.... :tomuch: Get the brine shrimp hatcheries ready! :whistle

Unlike the old set-up, there are no plant roots or similar nooks and crannies for the eggs to grab onto, so I don't have much hope for them this Fall/Winter.

Oliver

they are nice and clear and the water is too

I

have you tried swimming with them? it would be cool

and how they school is so neat

how did you clean out your pool? (so fish could live in it)

I posted a long, detailed response to this message, but it disappeared into the void.

The short answer to the last question is ... I worked my old butt off.

They are such cool pics, and the fish look great, I see lots of babies. I absolutley love picture 0947, it looks so serene. Lots and lots of swimming space, love it. I want one!!

How do you keep the pool so clean? Do you vacuum the bottom? It looks awesome!

That's because the pool was empty and powerwashed only 10 days ago. ALready the falling leaves are sinking in before I can scoop them out.

Personally, I think the fish are over-awed and quite skittish by all the light, compared to the murkey water they lived in before.

Oliver

They are such cool pics, and the fish look great, I see lots of babies. I absolutley love picture 0947, it looks so serene. Lots and lots of swimming space, love it. I want one!!

Tell you what, Claire... move here and you can share mine.... including the cleaning chores.

Oliver

I am even more jealous now! I am also tempted to send you all of my fish so they can live as happily as yours are!

Beautiful! You did an amazing job!

Are you kidding? I was just about to mail you about 50 of the little guys!

Oliver

Wow Oliver! Your hard work has certainly paid off! That "Pool-Pond" looks GREAT!! You must be proud!

Now how will you manage population control? Are do they kind of take care of that themselves? (Gulp?) :blink:

When you get a chance.......take some pics standing back so we can see the whole pool! (You see, I think we are all living vicariously through your pool!!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Cleaning chores are no problem, living over there not much of a problem either lol. Id just sit around the pool all day, it looks so peaceful.

Oh my goodness, that pool is gorgeous! It really is interesting how the fish school in groups based on size (or perhaps age?) I never would have thought fish would do that.

Everytime I see someone's pictures of how they keep their goldfish I always get an itch to do it myself. I would love to have a pool-pond like that when I get my own place.

Oliver, you have a truly GORGEOUS set-up. Kudos!

What will you do with them when winter comes around?

Wow Oliver! Your hard work has certainly paid off! That "Pool-Pond" looks GREAT!! You must be proud!

Now how will you manage population control? Are do they kind of take care of that themselves? (Gulp?) :blink:

When you get a chance.......take some pics standing back so we can see the whole pool! (You see, I think we are all living vicariously through your pool!!!!!

There is no population control despite all the lectures I gave them. Actually, it is a real concern of mine. I've run out of people to give fish. In fact, one wanted to return a couple. I told him, "All gifts are final." Pruning the population is difficult because the pool area is so large, catching them is near impossible.

If I take pictures of the entire pool, you will see all the stuff/junk I moved aside so I could take the first group of pictures. Wait until Spring, as I hope to do some container planting, etc.

Oliver

Cleaning chores are no problem, living over there not much of a problem either lol. Id just sit around the pool all day, it looks so peaceful.

It really is pleasant to sit in the sun and watch the schools move around the pool. My Westie either sleeps on the back porch or barks at the young kids playing next door... "Play with me," he barks. "Toss the ball to me."

Oliver