Rip Jake

Ok, Jake isn't a fish, he was an African Dwarf frog.. but I still feel the need to say something.

I noticed a few days ago that Jake was laying on his back - bad sign - and this morning I had to use a net to get him right again. He was having trouble swimming to the top to get air.

Just a few minutes ago I got home from work and found him dead in his five gallon tank. :cry1 I'm devasted. Jakey was my only male african dwarf and I will certainly miss him dearly.. RIP baby boy.

I know! It feels like I've had Jake forever.. my sister brought him and Lily home about two years ago. They became the reason I ended up so attached to frogs.

Earlier I was peering in at Lily and Zee in their tank, noticed Lily is still shedding some. Then I remembered Jakey helping her get it off once, they were all over the tank pulling in all directions. It was crazy fun to watch!

.. but it just makes me miss him more.

Lily is doing well, as is Zee. They're my two girls and nothin seems different.

We had just did a water change the other day, but I noticed that Jake had been flipping over beforehand. Guess it was just his time. I'm not sure how old he and Lily are, they were fully grown when they came home.. Zee was a little froglet, so she should be ok.

• 1 month later...