Tumor Growth?

Guest leopardchic1225

Guest leopardchic1225

two of my goldfish have weird growths that just sort of appeared out of no where. The one on my shubunkin is on her dorsal fin and is about the size of a pea. Its kind of a gray color and matches most of the gray on her body. There's no red on it. It doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. She acting completely normal. The growth on my fantail is about half the size, is more white in color, and is on his lip. Neither one of these fish have ever had anything seriously wrong (besides a case of ich last November that cleared up nicely).

I just moved to downtown Chicago in August, so maybe the water is doing something to them?

I was going to take them to the vet, but its horribly expensive and I would like to have an idea of what I'm dealing with before I do that.

They're in a 40 gal, there are 5 fish. I do water changes at least once weekly. ammonia is 0, nitrites 0, and nitrates around 10ish. there's no heater and their water temp is around 73 degrees F. This system has been running since i moved in early August 2008. I've had the shubunkin for almost 4 years and the fantail for almost 2.

They eat primarily progold, and occasionally some green seaweed, tubifex, and frozen brine shrimp.

I'm going to try to attach some pics of the shubunkin, and am crossing my fingers that they go through.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

DSCF6898.jpg

DSCF6899.jpg

DSCF6900.jpg