Green Ranchu

It depends mainly on genetics. My ranchu Pip that I used to have started out the greenish color that eventually changed to about 30% green-brown and 70% pale orange

I would think that the green is a baby color. How old is it? I would think if it is still young then the color will fade, but if it's older then you may be lucky!

might we get a picture?

i have a green ryukin that's stayed green since i got her.

she's kinda an olive, greenish, undertones of goldish, with some silver??

i thought she would change, but no change yet. if anything, she's gotten a bit darker green.

yeah, I think at 3.5" that's probably the color it's going to stay... but, it's a darling ranchu! Beautiful!

That is a very pretty fish, Crystal! :thumbs: I am interested to see how his color does in a year from now.

Tinko, how long do you have your green ryukin now? How old do you think he is? :)

i've had her for almost a year now. she was about 3.5 inches when i got her and now she's about 4.5-5. i'd say maybe she's 2 years old?

then again... i have no clue as to how big goldfish get in terms of years. :) i just watch them grow and i don't really keep track of time.

she's an odd color since she's a bit greenish gold with silver undertones. so sometimes if the light is right, she looks chocolate, sometimes dark olive, sometimes silvery gold.

here's a picture taken earlier this week...

20080927-225134.jpg

the green ranchu that crystal is looking at is a whole lot lighter than my ryukin though. so i'm wondering if she'll darken up or stay the same?! :)

i almost feel as if she'll change color since there's so much white going on in there. :unsure:

Edited by Tinkokeshi