The New 55 Gallon

misty_blue16137

Yay. Very cool tank. I have a 55 gallon. I think they are a really good and perfect size for maintaining. Who's going in there :D ?

Yay. Very cool tank. I have a 55 gallon. I think they are a really good and perfect size for maintaining. Who's going in there :D ?

I'm trying to decide on that, lol. I was thinking about moving the fry into it until they are big enough to take to the good LFS. With only 12 they would have loads of room to grow. But they are doing so well where they are that I'm a bit leery of moving them around. I have them divided into two 30 gallon tanks. Six babies per tank. So, I may just go ahead and move the Telescopes into it instead since they would be going in there eventually anyway once the babies are gone.

Well, here it is. I decided to put the Telescopes in it. The little calico will go in as well once out of quaratine. They managed to knock the small plant over already, lol. Phaedra is behind it looking for food.

10-17-08014-1.jpg

A few more shots of the Telescopes.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/mi...10-17-08010.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/mi...10-17-08011.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/mi...10-17-08013.jpg

Guest 5ivedrops

Very cool. We have the same taste in that blue background, that's exactly how I was planning to rig my 55 next month when I move. I have a question that might reveal my nubeness: ok so you filled it up a couple days ago to check for leaks and today you already have it running with fish. I see you have some gravel and I assume you installed some cycled media with your filters. So, my question is, is this tank cycled? Is it that simple? Just transfer some media and everything should be okey dokey?

Very cool. We have the same taste in that blue background, that's exactly how I was planning to rig my 55 next month when I move. I have a question that might reveal my nubeness: ok so you filled it up a couple days ago to check for leaks and today you already have it running with fish. I see you have some gravel and I assume you installed some cycled media with your filters. So, my question is, is this tank cycled? Is it that simple? Just transfer some media and everything should be okey dokey?

Not cycled, no. The filters are the Penguin 300 & Tetra Tech 300 from the cycled 30 gallon I took down. I simply switched them over. So I'm hoping for a quick start on the cycle. I'll probably bag some gravel from the 29 gallon and add that in there as well. I'll be watching it close.

do i see a pom pom? :yeah:

No Pom Pom's in there. I think what you are seeing is Calypso's orange where she is losing her black on her face. I do have a little Pom Pom but it's still in quarantine.

oh.

at least i was right about you having one

Calypso is absolutely stunning!

Kathy, it looks great! Am I counting three in there right now?

There was actually four,lol. Calypso,Skye,Phaedra and Moon Dancer. Phaedra was behind the plant looking for food. But I ended up pulling Moon Dancer back out and putting her in a tank of her own. She is a floater if she gets hold of any type of pellets or flakes. ProGold is the worst. Flips her totally upside down. Soaking doesn't help. It's going to be impossible to keep her from finding leftover bites so will just have to keep her seperate. I got a bunch of stuff to try making her gel food. She can eat any type of frozen as well. The little calico Telescope will be going in that tank shortly,so will still be four.

:rofl ..more eggs...these guys..wow... :D ....

I love the tank Kathy...everyone looks gr88...very beautiful..Moon Dancer will be by herself then??...she is a delicate baby eh??...I love all the babies...absolutely gorgeous guys..all of them.. :heart can't wait for the lil calico to go in there.. :)

I put Moon Dancer back in a 30 and moved Phaedra in with her. Those two have been together since I got them and seem pretty attached to each other. Didn't seem right to split them up. So for the moment Skye & Calypso have the whole 55 gallon to themselves,lol.