Getting A New Used Tank

Hidr

Friend of mine is giving me a tank. She said it is as big as my 75 maybe a little bigger. But you know how most people are I bet it is only a 55. No lid or light but I have an extra light. Well have to wait and see what size it is before I decide what I plan to do with it.

If it is bigger then my 75 I may move my goldfish to it. If not Ill just move what is in my 30 into it.

It is a 55 gallon tank. Got to get it out of the van and fill it with water see if it leaks and see how bad the scratches are. It had a lizard in it. From what I can tell I might have to try and buff out some of those scratches. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Ill also have to get a lid but I have everything else for it. Ill move the fish from one 10 gallon and my 30 gallon into it once I can afford to get the lid if it does not leak.

The cabinet is hand made and very nice. My husband is going to restrain it and fill in the nicks and stuff on it. I have a light that well work perfect for it. I have a three bulb light Ill use on it and I'll use my single bulb on the goldfish tank since they have no plants and the 55 well be planted.

Ya got a good look at it and looks like one side is pretty clear the scratches are very miner. Got it full of water sitting outside making sure it don't leak. So far so good.

I have my lid that goes on my 20 gallon that is not set up I can put on one side and I can use the lid from the 30 gallon till I can get the right size. So it well be set up in a few days. By Tuesday night I am sure.

• Admin

I cant wait to see it hun....Glad the scratches arent bad....I have a nice one in my 45 but its in the back, caused from the Reef rocks in there :(

You might be able to call a glass shop and they could make you a lid. I had one made for my 36 gal tank :)

Here's some stuff that they sell to take the scratches out of eyeglasses. Inexpensive and it might do the trick. Eyeglass Scratch Remover - Ebay.

Another option for a lid is to have two pieces of thick acrylic cut to fit. Less expensive than glass and it won't break either! But, make sure it's thick (like 1/4") so it doesn't sag.

I'm so excited for you! Yay!