Buff It Up After 8 & 1/2 Days

Buff It Up report after 8 & 1/2 days of no WC and my brother feeding the fish every day once a day....

20 gallon tank with one fish

Before: 7.5 pH

After 8 days: 7.5 pH

55 gallon tank with one fish

Before: 7.7 pH

After 8 days: 7.7 pH

I'm very impressed. :thumb: The Buff It Up held the pH rock steady and it didn't budge one bit. :bounce FYI, my tap KH is probably about 50-75 range so there is no way it would have held the pH that long without it. :exactly

Disclaimer: Your results may be different. Actual mileage may vary.... :D

Let me guess - working in the infomercial business by trade? :tomuch:

That stuff IS good, hm! Rick knows what he is doing. :thumbs: Are you back home now?

• 2 weeks later...
Aquameds does not disclose the ingredients as they keep it a secret.

This sounds like the introduction to some sort of Chemistry project... does anybody here have open access to chemistry lab facilities? It's times like these that I wish I was at Caltech (they leave ALL of their facilities unlocked and open to all students 24/7... and students can paint their dorm rooms!)

I don't imagine it would be too difficult to determine what minerals/compounds they use in their product...

I'd really like to know. Isn't it going to be a balance of magnesium, calcium and whatever other minerals raise TA. Maybe its a blend of limestone molecules too :idont

• 4 weeks later...

When I was using it routinely I started with the recommended dosage and checked the pH. I have very soft water (NYC) and I found I really need to double the dosage to bring the pH to 7.4 - 7.6. Now in my main goldie tank I have crushed coral in a mesh bag in the filter and that holds the pH steady at 7.4. I use Buff-it-up only in the goldie quarantine tank. For my tropical community tank and my betta tanks I don't use anything to adjust the pH and the fish are fine with that.

I also get a good result to with Buff It Up..holds the PH very good. But how to dissolve this thing completely. Whatever I do I always see the white sediment at the bottom of my tank and also some while particle on goldies wen.

Sandy

I just got my buff it up in the mail. For all you who use it, do you just add the recommended dosage with every waterchange? or is it more of a 'guess and check' kind of thing?

Yeah....I always add a 1/4 teaspoon of buff it up per 5 gallons but that's just me......Test the KH before and after a water change to see how much the KH fluctates...

But how to dissolve this thing completely. Whatever I do I always see the white sediment at the bottom of my tank and also some while particle on goldies wen.

Sandy

I am still looking answer for this question...How to dissolve....

Sandy

But how to dissolve this thing completely. Whatever I do I always see the white sediment at the bottom of my tank and also some while particle on goldies wen.

Sandy

I am still looking answer for this question...How to dissolve....

Sandy

I put buff it up into a empty water bottle like Poland spring or Aquafina or whatever. I pour in the water, close the top and shake like crazy. I then pour the mixture a little at a time with each gallon of fresh water.

I put buff it up into a empty water bottle like Poland spring or Aquafina or whatever. I pour in the water, close the top and shake like crazy. I then pour the mixture a little at a time with each gallon of fresh water.

This is what I do too....may be I have to shake like you...crazy... :D

Sandy

This is what I do too....may be I have to shake like you...crazy... :D

Sandy

Either that or you are putting too much buff it up in there. Lessen the amount and see how it goes.