What Do Ya'll Think?

Jeana727

I ordered from a place in California three Orandas. I requested 2 Black Orandas & 1 TriColored Oranda. (Babies) I paid $59 for overnite shipping. Then the guy told me a new batch was about ready so I waited a little while so he could get me really good babies! I received my Orandas today they are cute little babies.................but they appear to be Chocolate Orandas.....all three of them.

I REALLY wanted the Black Orandas as I have NEVER even SEEN a Black Oranda! I would have been happy if ONE of these guys had been black! They are cute as buttons and I have to admit I don't think I have actually ever actually seen a Chocolate ORanda around here!

What should I do? What would you do?

Thats the hard part. Some vendors call chocolate orandas black orandas. They will eventually go orange. You could bring it up and see what they will do, but it always helps to see what they look like before you buy. So I guess its up to you. I doubt you wanna give em back. I know I wouldn't want to.

I ordered from a place in California three Orandas. I requested 2 Black Orandas & 1 TriColored Oranda. (Babies) I paid $59 for overnite shipping. Then the guy told me a new batch was about ready so I waited a little while so he could get me really good babies! I received my Orandas today they are cute little babies.................but they appear to be Chocolate Orandas.....all three of them.

I REALLY wanted the Black Orandas as I have NEVER even SEEN a Black Oranda! I would have been happy if ONE of these guys had been black! They are cute as buttons and I have to admit I don't think I have actually ever actually seen a Chocolate ORanda around here!

What should I do? What would you do?

:bat: lady!!! where the heck are the pictures!!!!!..you are treading very dangerous waters here!!!...LOL :D

4's better than 3. Keep the 3 choccos and request an all black oranda baby when one comes in next in compensation for sending you not exactly what you ordered.

Oh! Well, maybe that's the case! Anyway, they are soooo cute! I hope they turn Black! You know how you have a secret goldie you ALWAYS want....well mine is a Black Oranda!! I have never even seen one around here & I look at every pet store I go into!! BUT even if they are Chocolate I have to admit I have never seen one of them around here either!

Either way I am already falling for these guys!!

((I KNEW it was a gamble buying from this place as you do not actually see THE fish you are getting! I had several email conversations with a person there & they seemed to want to work with me! I even waited several days (even though I paid for overnite shipping!) To get babies from the latest batch! Like I said I REALLY wanted a Black Oranda so I guess I tossed the dice!!))

Oh well, hopefully they will be healthy & happy no matter what color they end up!! ((Still HOPING for B L A C K though!!!))

They look chocolate. They are very similar to my Fantail/Oranda Hershey. He is chocolate with gold undertones. Of course, I WANT a Black Oranda, but if they turn out a pretty Chocolate color I'll be okay with that.

NOW I NEED NAMES!! :krazy:

congrats!! :newfish

On another thread, I read that babies often change their "baby colors" as they grow. So maybe if you really want certain colors then you should get an adult fish and then feed it color enhancing food and watch natural light, etc so they will stay the color you want.

Anyhoo, NOTHING can compare with babies in the house!!! :nana

I know but I LOVE getting BABIES!!

I knew this was a gamble. I pondered over it for several days! It was a risk & a decent "investment" since they came all the way across the country. But as I talked about it with my husband he finally said Go For It! Well, that's ALL it took!

But over the past few months I lost some very important goldies! I guess I NEEDED to DO something!

they're cute... I hope he compensates you in some way. I recently asked my lfs to order a couple of ranchus for me.. a black and white preferably... the black one ended up being more greenish/bronze, not even chocolate (maybe it was at one point). But it had the cutest face so I got him/her anyway. The white one looked like a lionhead though, back-wise, so sadly I declined that fish.

My babies are doing good so far! I am hoping that they will turn Black, but even if they don't I will be very happy with them!!

They were VERY skittish at first, but they are finally calming down. I think they are realizing that I AM THE FOOD BRINGER!! I am feeding them MAINLY Mazuri Gel Food, with some fresh fruit & veggies! It will be interesting to see how they turn out!!

Ha! What GREAT minds! I, too, thought of the 3 stoodges!!

Some bad news though, when I got home this evening I found one of the babies dead. :( This one seemed to hide alot. I hope the other two will be okay!

Edited by Jeana727