Red Spots

Monkeygirl

I noticed my Bella is getting reddish spots, sort of a dark orange/salmon color. I don't know whether this is a disease or maybe a color change. she is about 2 years old. She acts fine as usual.

[[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 5.0

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? drops

[*]Water temperature?

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 60 gals, about 5 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? Whisper 40-60

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? weekly, 25-50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 goldfish, 3 incision, two 2- inch

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? progold once a day, gel food, peas a couple times a week

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? recent addition 3 months

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? reddish spots

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no, acts normal

bella-1.jpg

Edited by Monkeygirl

Those spots are curious. They don't look exactly like the spotting that fish usually get when something is wrong and yet they seem a little too red for color change..maybe :hmm You say you had her 3 months..did you do salt and prazi when you got her? If not, that might be a place to start and quite harmless for her if this turned out to be an unusual color change.

Did you prazi and salt in QT?

Only you can tell if the spots are dark orange or blood color. Its very difficult for us to tell for sure in the pic. If the spots are dark orange then no worries, it'll be a color change.

I always salt new fish. None of them show anything unusual. The spots really do not look red, more like a deep orange. Now she is getting these spots down her spine so I'm hoping it really is just a color change.

Well, I'm positively baffled. Yesterday it looked like the spots were less, but I was sure I was mistaken. Looking at her today, all trace of these spots are completely gone. I mean... nothing at all left. In all my years of keeping goldfish I have never seen anything like it. Very strange...... :idont Either way...I'm pretty happy she is not sick

Edited by Monkeygirl