My 15g Tropical Community

x-Lucy-Fish-x

Added about half the plants on sunday after aquiring them for free from the planted tank guys donated display tank :D All that Java fern and stuff was already there.

In this tank are 5 harlequin rasboras, a pair of sky blue dwarf gourami (benjamin and delilah), a bronze cory, a black kuhlii loach, an unidentified plec similar to a golden nugget, but not (called Dude, lol), a pink apple snail, a blue apple snail and a golden clam.

Fish068.jpg

Benjamin

Fish067.jpg

The rasboras

Fish004.jpg

The pink one lol

Fish046.jpg

Hmm, tiny bit, I'm going by 1" of fish per gallon it works out fine, allowing for differences in different fish, like the kuhlii loach is about 3" but no way would that fish produce as much waste as a 3" gourami or something because it's so small and thin etc. etc.

But, thanks :)

It looks fantastic! I have an overstocked (I admit it), heavily planted tropical tank. It's been cycled for years so I find that with frequent water changes and gravel vacs everything is fine - I do it about once a week, more than is typical for a tropical tank.

PS...what do the snail and pleco think of the plants? I've had both destory all my plants in the past :P

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

All the other fish are adult size.. 0.o Oh, apart from the apple snails, but they are easily moved to the goldfish tank if it causes problems. I don't even know what species the plec is, it was given to me from someone who needed to rehome her fish quickly, it's not huge yet, so I took it.

I do not know about the snails and plants yet, the plec is fine with them, but I have only had the snails for a few days.. although from past experience there are certain plants they like, but they prefer cucumber!!