Festival Of Fishkeeping 2008

claire_uk

Koi at the show. The baby Champion cost ?4500 so I cant imagine what the Jumbos would be worth, there was 24 hours security at the Koi area

Pics1432.jpg

Pics1438.jpg

Pics1439.jpg

Pics1444.jpg

Pics1662-1.jpg

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! Lots of oohs and aahs happening here!

I think we had a lot of oos and ahhs and disbelief over the weekend! lol. When we saw the fish for sale, we thought they were the show fish as we havent seen that mny good fish for a long long time.

Lucy Freddie is so cute, I love his stripes in his tail, I remember him from the tank now!! He has a nice colour.

wow

250 pounds for a ranchu!? that is $450 american dollar :thud :

how big are the show tanks? they look really small

Congrats Lucy on the new guy he looks great and nice coloration

and 24 hours security at the Koi area talk about product protection

Edited by FishCrazy

Good thing we don't anything like that here. I seen at least three I would wanted to bring home and I don't have the room. lol Do they have good deals on other stuff like filters, food, heaters that sort ot thing?

There were some ammmaazing ryukin there!

The show tanks are about 2-3 gallons. They are small. Most of the fish seem to cope with it well, their owners are always there testing and changing the water when needed. Although we did see a large oranda that had flipped over onto it's back and it's spine seemed to curve backwards.. not good. That fish got moved into a bucket out of sight, I'm not sure what happened to it, but it didn't look good :(

Amazing! I would love to have gone but also i'm glad that I didn't know, there are so many fish on your photo's that I would love to have taken home. I've never seen a Ranchu that is ?250 before. how big where they?

Yes there were some good deals on filters etc, show prices rather than rrp. They had a couple of new products that have come to the UK. The goldie foo that I saw being sold was the same price or slihtly higher than I have bought it at before.

This year the plant section was much bigger, so that was good, although I didnt buy any, I think Lucy picked some up though. I just got 5 moss balls from Snail Shop stand.

The bubble pile was so cute, they kept doing that over the weekend. The tanks were small, but they were all well looked after. Some did seem a bit stressed, a couple had some red vein, but Im sure they would recover once back at home, those fish go to shows all the time.

And the big fish that were being sold got moved to the indoor pond area at night so as they had some more space.

The big ones were very big, I thought my big orange oranda was big until I saw them at the weekend! lol

OMG, what beautiful fish!! That must have been like heaven going there! :heart I would have left some of my money at home, just to make sure that I wouldn't buy everything in sight.

There were some amazing fish there - and I saw Bristols and a veiltail in the pictures?! Superb quality on the ranchu and ryukin, plus oh, oh, oh, that blue oranda! I bet you guys had fun!.... :thud

It was like heaven, even more so than last year, more goldies, I hope Star Fisheries go again next year, I will save some money up!! lol.

I didnt take much money this year, so that helped me not to buy everything. Yes there were Bristols and Veils, Veils I havent seen in a long long time around here.

I loved some of the Ryukin, nice humps and they looked sturdy, if you get what I mean!!

The blue oranda I wanted, but the bigger ones were like ?100. They had smaller ones, but they looked like the one I have now, and not full blue.

Yes about 2-3 gallons, but the water was changed for them or they were moved tanks to fresh water.

I think the cheapest was about ?20 for the fish from Star Fisheries, but there were other fancies for sale, I think they had some for ?10, not too bad prices.

You like the Ranchu then D_golem? Thought you might!! Bit expensive though!