Ranchu Search

Does anyone know of anyone who sells ranchus at a reasonable price? The fish sempai can no longer ship to the US because of the new USDA regulations. This is what Andrew told me. The place I got Mushu (ranchu) from in Tampa I swore I would never go to again because of the fish lice Mushu had and my other ranchu died two weeks later. So, I am looking for someone who takes care of their ranchus and will sell me a healthy fish. I contacted Ken from goldfish connection and he told me to keep my eye on the auction. The fish are a little high for me though. Any suggestions? Thanks!

sorry to hear that Andrew dose not ship across the border anymore :( ...I wonder if Daryl may know someone hun ...It would not hurt to pm her and ask ..maybe she has some of her own I 'm pretty sure that she has ones she keeps and some she sells to other fish breeders and I think she has some that goes to lfs..not certin ..but I faintly remember her talking about it

Perhaps it takes 200 posts to PM?

It all depends on the "quality" of Ranchu you are looking for....... and what type.

I do have some Ranchu fry - two left from last year that are not growing into the fish I had hoped they would be. They are really nice in back shape and very nice colors, but the wens are not developing the way I had hoped. They are NOT meant to be Lionchu - but true Japanese RAnchu - a Mita X. They are good, stong and healthy, but will not win at a show. One is a lemon head and one is orangered/white. They are 13 months old - about 3-4 inches. You may have those if you wish - just pay for shipping.

I also have a few (STRESS FEW) "Crystal Ranchu" fry that are my first spawning from my Crystal Ranchu I got from Ken of DO this past spring. THey are NOT very good - in fact are rather POOR examples of the breed of fish. I am hanging on to some of them for I am interested to know if they ever develop "crystal" scales..... genetics of the parents is rather unknown and I do not completely understand the genetic design of the crystal scale. If you wanted to give one or two of those a try, you are welcome, but they are TINY ( 3/4 inch average) and not very healthy/strong. I would not recommend that you bank all your hopes on them, though.

There are a few other breeders around, but I do not know any in Florida - I pretty much am only aware of those in the midwest and N eastcoast......

Thanks Daryl! Do you have any ranchus that are black or red and white. I guess I am being a little picky. If not, what breeder would you recommend to me? I am considering saving up some money to eventually get one of those beautiful ranchus that Ken has.

I haven't bought from them yet but I intend to when I am ready: raingarden.us (in Hawai'i) has ranchus of various quality/price. Their ranchus are separated into top-view (they look best from above) and side-view (best for a tank). Make sure you read their shipping policy.

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish-side-view-ranchu.htm

Edited by A Penguin