A Perfect October Day

daryl

This past weekend was the type of weather that everyone dreams off.... beautiful blue skies, light breezes, 75F.....

My hubby came home for 2 days and we spent the weekend on the farm. Here are a couple of shots looking out over the soybean fields. They are ready for harvest. The trees have been touched by a light frost - so they are beginning to turn the beautiful colors of fall. The corn rattles in the wind and the turkey are everywhere, picking seeds from the edges of the fields.

As we drove in, we clocked a deer running at 35 miles an hour parallel to the road - full out stretch run - across the alfalfa field. He kept it up for a full 1/2 mile before he turned off and raced away towards the woods.

post-27-1223910069_thumb.jpg

post-27-1223910084_thumb.jpg

Beautiful !!!!! Today I'm hoping glen and the kids and I will go along Our trail to take some beauty pics of our Fall in bloom (I love Fall)..and we too Daryl are having a beautiful Indian summer..it sooo warm and we are having our fall fair ..we happen to have nice weather every year for it ..I LOVE it!!!

Edited by hi-d

Wow, it looks beautiful. I would really love to have some cool crisp weather right now.

It was 85 here today, and frankly, I'm sick of it being hot! And it's not a nice hot. I'm soaking with sweat after 5 minutes of walking across the fields to pick my kids up from school.

Maybe we will have some fall weather by next month. :please