New Oranda

I had to pick up some Cockatiel seed at the one LFS and decided to walk thru' the fish room. I rarely buy there as the tanks are really nasty anymore. One tank was so dark and funky you could hardly see the fish. Had a badly deformed Fantail, another half dead one and then swimming all over an Oranda. It was hard to tell what it really looked like but sure was active, so decided to get it out of there. Paid a whole $3.98 for it. Turns out it is a really pretty baby. It's a very shiny orange with a decent head growth for it's size. It's about 3 1/2" with tail. It has beautiful fins as well. The tail looks like butterfly wings when it's spread out. Appears to be fairly healthy It does seem to have really big eyes for it's size which makes me wonder if it's been stunted. Will get some pics posted in a bit.

spider_web_pumpkin125.gif

:Congrats: Kathy! I see you're being a bad girl again. lol

I know,lol. But I couldn't just leave it there. And since I lost Nip there is a space in the 75 gallon for it once it's out of quarantine if all goes well with it. Plus I just got a new tank. :rolleyes:

Congrats Kath!!! Can't wait to see pics... How many tanks do you have going now crazy woman?! LOL (jealousssssssss)

Awww I know this won't make up for losing Nip, but I still think seeing the new baby will take some of the hurt away..

Congrats Kath!!! Can't wait to see pics... How many tanks do you have going now crazy woman?! LOL (jealousssssssss)

Awww I know this won't make up for losing Nip, but I still think seeing the new baby will take some of the hurt away..

Hmmm,how many,lol? Five goldie tanks,the Betta tank and the QT tank set up and running. Then the stock tank that is still empty in the basement and the 50 gallon I just won on EBay which may end up in the basement as well temporarily. What I'm hoping to do is move all the Telescopes into the 50 gallon and break down a few of the smaller aquariums. The new Oranda and the PomPom will go into the 75 gallon. Then once the babies are gone (and providing I can stop bringing home new fish,lol) I won't have so many individual tanks to tend to.