Job At Lfs

LuvMuhFred

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a while of ill health and getting to the point where I hate my job I have decided to quit!

Financially this is not an option so I have held in at the detriment of my health, sanity and family life.

Last week I went to my LFS where I have a great relationship with the owner, many years of conversations on goldfish husbandry, health, disease and breeding and asked for a job!

Well he near fainted and I near fainted when he said he has been looking for someone mature and with more fish knowledge than him to work as 1st person in two of his stores. One of them is mainly an aquarium only, the other is like a normal pet store...fish, reptiles and puppies and kittens.

I will be based in the aquarium for most of the week with some shifts at the other store.

He said he will be happy to pass on all the fish inquires especially regarding illness to me to take a load of responsibility off of his shoulders.

I will be in charge of the maintenance of all the tanks woohoooooooooooooooo!!! Also I will have to clean up puppy poop too LOL

But I am so excited. I have already written my letter of resignation to my current position in aged care nursing.

Now, finally, I can have a job that combines my skills, knowledge, working with the public and incorporate with the love of my dreams...MY FISH HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*happy dance*

now I wait, i find out in about 3 hours if I got the job! im pretty sure I do :)

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When she saw me she said she hoped it was me from the description her hubby gave of me.

She said I hoped its that girl that comes in all the time and knows all bout fish LOL

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is: www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72936&st=0&p=806764entry806764

Oh the link doesn't work...

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...mp;#entry806764

Gotta go to work soon! :D

btw my fish are great, they are inside now, and I have hundreds of fry...

Ah, I would love a job like this, but I don't think it would pay my bills.... my theory is this.... if it's fun, it won't pay the bills... <sigh> anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So exciting. Big life changes are SO invigorating. You are perfectly suited to your new job and will love it. Big congratulations hun!

Isn't that just the best - you were in the right place at the right time!! That was just meant to be, I think. Imagine what difference you can make - not only in the health of all the fish that are being sold, but also a difference in the number of tanks and fish you are going to have. Employee discount, here I come! :happydance

You know what I imagine? A good day in the week, maybe Saturday, when you can have a "Fish info and disease" day, maybe once a month, where people come by and ask for specific health. If the store has a scope by any chance, you could even use that!

Ah, I would love a job like this, but I don't think it would pay my bills.... my theory is this.... if it's fun, it won't pay the bills... <sigh> anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
;0

That's my theory too. :rolleyes: I've often thought about applying at WM for the animal department. Maybe 2nd or 3rd shift. It'd be quiet and I'd have time to get my work done. And I know enough about fish to keep them healthy. And whatever I didn't know I could come you guys for advice! :) But I'm not sure because seeing all those overstocked GF tanks would frustrate me.

Edited by whitner