Goldfish Spawning?

Goldfish7

I woke up this morning to a tank full of goldfish eggs all over the glass. After coming back from the store (about 2 hours later) they were all gone except a couple that were a little above the water line. I just checked the tank again and there are a few more eggs scattered about on the glass. How long will the fish keep laying eggs? Also, if any survive how long will it take for them to hatch (if they are fertile)?

Well, my guys have been laying eggs non-stop for more than a month now, so I'm pretty sure they can keep it up for an extended period of time (which is good if you want to hatch them!) -- I've just always let them eat the eggs, rather than trying to hatch any.

If you want them to hatch, I'm pretty sure you have to put them in a separate tank, and... the water temperature somehow affects how soon they hatch. But I'm clueless as to the particulars. ;)

Well, my guys have been laying eggs non-stop for more than a month now, so I'm pretty sure they can keep it up for an extended period of time (which is good if you want to hatch them!) -- I've just always let them eat the eggs, rather than trying to hatch any.

If you want them to hatch, I'm pretty sure you have to put them in a separate tank, and... the water temperature somehow affects how soon they hatch. But I'm clueless as to the particulars. ;)

Thanks for the help. I wish I had the extra tank to hatch them and see what kind of offspring I would get from my fish.