When Will Wen Develop?

I have a ranchu named Mushu in the siggy pic below and I was wondering when he will get more head growth. I think he may be a year or a little more older but not quite two years old. Or, is he a kind of ranchu that doesn't get much head growth?

It all depends on geneteics ...there are many ranchus without wen growth..you can try by feeding hikari lionhead food ,and keeping water pristine and lots of variety ,but protein being #1 ..but even all that can leave a wenless ranchu if the genetics are not there..give it time Wens generally (99% certain )start really growing at 3 years ..

it depends on genetics,water quality, and food basically.like she said. so it may grow and it may not, but it looks like it might grow one cross your fingers! :)

Edited by Franky

I think your on track.

2-3 years is an avarage from what I have learnt.

My fry at just over a year still have no wen (oranda fry)

Just keep up a varied diet and great water, I found in the past that frequent waterchanges aide in growth, not only wens but total body growth.

My oranda is at 12 inch and my blackmore at 11 inch....I can only put it down to waterchanges and diet :)

by the way I LOVE YOUR FISH in your sig! They all beautiful!!!

Edited by LuvMuhFred