Color Addition

seheap

I was just wondering if goldies can suddenly add colors. eg, Can a R/W turn into a calico? I know that they lose colors really easily, but what about adding?

I don't know whether it actually occurs, but as a side-comment to your question: the red/orange and black colouration on goldfish have a very different origin/mechanism (About Goldfish Colour), so the one turning into the other seems unlikely, in the sense that you might e.g. have a white/orange and a black/white colour change occuring simultanuously on the same region by accident (I'm unawere of any mechanical/fysiological reason which might make this impossibly), but that would rather be just a coincidence in that case.

Well thanks for the info. unfortunately now I have to go post *AGAIN* in the diagnosis section because my R/W is getting black streaks on her tail....i was so hoping it was normal.....

Well thanks for the info. unfortunately now I have to go post *AGAIN* in the diagnosis section because my R/W is getting black streaks on her tail....i was so hoping it was normal.....

Have you got any pictures? If the black streaks are along the rays of the tail, then I think it's ok. If it's on the edges of the tail, then it might be ammonia burns.

I will try to get some pictures, the streaks are along her rays. I don't think it could possibly be ammonia burns (hope, hope, hope) because the ammonia is non exsistant in her tank. She's in QT and I change/test the water everyday! I'll try for pictures

thanks

RG

ok I did get pictures (now my hand kinda smells like prazi):

hpim0392.jpg

You can't really see where her tail is but it basically goes to the end of my palm. The black line is what I'm talking about. I felt so badly picking her up but she refuses to stay still for pictures!

RG

Guest 5ivedrops

I have been watching some color on my little white pearlscale move around. Almost overnight one of her ventral fins went all black and now here belly is turning golden. A spot on her side had me freaked out but I just keep watching it and it seems natural.