Sign in to follow this  
kittyfiends

Black Moore Fish Top Hanging

Well all the salt has been added to 3%. I'm still out of commission, been in bed all day yesterday. I ordered from Goldfish Connection, a digital salinity measure, some pro gold pellets, along with the medigold/jumpstart package, just incase. I'll be on the prowl for a large plastic colander, when i can get out of bed.

I also just found something else out tonight, one of my three filters was dead, the one that does 200 gph. I sent my fiance to the pet store And he picked up another biowheel 350, so hopefully that will also help. Now I have 1050 potential gph.

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. Things have to get better from now. Filters breaking down can cause a cycle bump so keep an eye on params. Hopefully you'll get more work + feel better soon.

Assume thats 0.3 not 3...salinity meter will tell. Keep us in the know~ good luck.

Just worth mentioning sounds like a lot of salt for a moor. Also the temp 78-80 is way too high for goldfish you might want to bring that down to 70 or 72 at the high end. Goldfish develop nuerological disorders at high temps because of oxygen deprivation. Things like swim bladder disease become common if it is too warm.

yes it's at .3% 1 teaspoon per gallon 3 times 12 hours in between additions. Actually the temperature is more like 74 to 76 right now. We have a bit of a cold front. 50's haha. I live in Florida`and i can't afford a chiller.

UPDATE:

It's looking like this fish is getting worse. Still hungry and trying to eat, just not moving around much at all :(

Rita do you have lots of air bubbles going to compensate for medication/salt /warmer water and sick fish? It helps with the lethargy..

Strings hanging=slimecoat peeling (unless its residue stuff from filter media that needs cleaning) - how is your pH and salt level? Are there any red spots on his skin?

got a bubble wand going. I bought a saline measure from goldfish connection but it came with dead batteries. I had the salt up to .3% but last water change I did not add any and took out 75 to 90% of the water. ph is 7.5 The fish has no red spots that I can see but this is a black fish. Has signs of fin rot now, been feeding medigold and i have melafix in the water.

So I don't think there is any more you can do re meds. I know you were sick and couldnt do water changes for awhile. So you have to compensate for that now by doing more. Get the tank balanceback. That means the bbs thriving and the' harmful to sick but not to healthy 'bacteria removed via large water changes. IF your pH is stable you should be doing daily water changes of 50% minimum- 80-100% is best with a sick fish with an impaired slime coat.

Is there any corner of the tank (plant pots, ornaments etc) that is harboring bad bacteria and need lifting and turning? Any stagnant areas of the tank where anaerobic bacteria can breed? Water should be flowing through and round so check filter pipes are not clogged. Wipe tank sides and bottom.

Then, there is not a lot else you can do. But care needs to be sustained and recovery takes time.

one other fish in the tank had fin rot and is doing some color changing to black. Two others have no sign of fin rot but are also doing color changing. I don't know if this means anything.

It means that when you were sick and couldnt do the w/cs you probably had an ammonia surge that went un-noticed. A cycle bulmp. The black is the healing process from that. Finrot is caused by stress perhaps from that.

I have gravel and there are two bridge ornaments in there but i move them and vaccum with water changes. maybe I should take them out and scrub them down. I have alot of algae maybe I should scrub that out as well. I never have nitAte readings on this tank. I just put in another new filter another biowheel 350. So now I have two biowheel 350's and a rena XP3

Well, the fish died today during the water change. I did the best I could. Like I said before, if I didn't have her in the breeder basket she would have died a long time ago.

Oh no Rita...I have been following this thread...you did ur best to save ur moor... :heart

I am really sorry for ur loss... :(

:rip: lil guy.. :(

Oh, man! I am sorry too. I have also been lurking around this thread hoping she would pull through. I agree with Sunshine, you did your best! :cry1

Swim free little fishie!

Thanks Sunshine and newbie... I think this fish just came from a weak breeding, like someone here told me before..... this fish didn't grow like the others did and I was lucky to have her for the year I did.... thanks to the knowledge I've gained from this forum.

Thanks Sunshine and newbie... I think this fish just came from a weak breeding, like someone here told me before..... this fish didn't grow like the others did and I was lucky to have her for the year I did.... thanks to the knowledge I've gained from this forum.

That is quite possible she was from a weak breed...she was lucky too to have ur care...

hope u feel better soon Rita :hug