Some Fishy Pics

OldHag

Lately I have had problems taking fish pics, so I have to practice every day. The colors are strange and the pics are blurry, don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Here are a few.

My "veiltail" Zweetie, very special tail!

Picture1132mini.jpg

Her Mom Belly! She has grown a lot and she's got some shiny scales!

Picture1133-1.jpg

And Daddy Brownie, also a special tail, tripod maybe?

Picture1137.jpg

Love you! :heart

Edited by OldHag

That is a lovely tail he has! Your pics look good to me :)

Do you have a tripod? I have a gorilla one, they are very handy and can eliminate some of the blur when taking pics. Of course the problem is you can't move them so the fish have to get in your shot

That is a lovely tail he has! Your pics look good to me :)

Do you have a tripod? I have a gorilla one, they are very handy and can eliminate some of the blur when taking pics. Of course the problem is you can't move them so the fish have to get in your shot

Yes, I tried the tripod once, and I had exactly that problem... the fish swam away all the time... :D

Those pictures look fine to me! I used to have a VERY difficult time taking fishy photos. My camera just would NOT take a picture in even the least little bit of dim light, which my apartment is, so I finally decided to buy a new one. Yeah, my camera was old; more than 10 years, but this new camera is a dream! It has a stabilizer and it's almost impossible to take a bad picture! I said, "almost." I still can take a blurry picture once or twice, but now, I delete because of bad composition, not because of blur. Anyway, your fish are beautiful! Just lovely!

Last year I took some really good pics, but now something is wrong! I should have written down the settings I used, but I have tried everything! These pics are the best I can get. They are not 100% sharp, and the colors are not quite right.

Brownie is the easiest, he always looks good on pics!

But the little yellow one! I can't get ONE decent pic on him! The color looks weird and he is always blurry... I will post and example...

I think I see what you mean, now that I've looked at the pictures on my big computer screen. On the picture with Belly, her tail looks very sharp, but her body, and around her head it is blurry.

Could it be that your camera is set to a very short depth of field? This is what is in focus in the shot, and if you are in macro mode, it may not even be as much as the depth of your fish. What affects this is called f-stop or aperture. A small aperture on the lens (larger f-stop number) will give you a bigger depth of field, but will also require more light on your subject. I don't know how much control you have on your camera. I started with old 35mm cameras, and I'm not very up to date with digitial ones.

Now, these pictures are beautiful! Perfect!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few fresh pics, I have learned a few new editing tricks...

My shubie Zorro, so hard to take pics, he is so silvery blue...

Picture1787kopiera.jpg

Zweetie the doubletail...

Picture1790kopiera.jpg

Belly and Brownie, always close together! :heart

Picture1799kopiera.jpg

King Angus!

Picture1801kopiera.jpg

And the Old Hag...

Tomtan.jpg

oooooh Luverly pics as always hun :heart Thats neat the way you have done the colors. Extra silvery blue backdrop for Zorro- all the colors are very intense. Cool memories. And look at Mrs Santa- you look like you are on a chocolate box cover for xmas :D

Oh thanks!

Yes I have adjusted the colors a bit, especially the backgrounds, but the fishy colors are like they look in Real Life! The blue color is great with fish!