..i Did Somthing I Should Have Done

When I was 19 I was in a real bad reletionship when I say bad I mean real bad ..(we lived together) ..until one day I just walked out ..not just on my bad releationship but on everyone I knew (not family)and a bestfriend whose boyfriend was good friends with my ex ..I just wiped my slate clean and moved on and started a new life ..almost like as if I was in the witness protecton program ..I did not see or speak to my old friends ..not because I didn';t want to ..but because of the greif that would come with it .. the person I waas with was VERY POSSESIVE and I feared my well being and for my family I didn't want him to have any ties to my life .10 years have past and I found my former bestfriend on facebook ..I alway have dreams that we are friends again and I have felt Guilty for what I have done ..She had no Idea what was going on ,and I feel terrible over all these years this is one thing that has ate at me the most ..So anyways I found her on facebook and I left her a message saying I was sorry for what I did 10 years ago ..I know it was a long time ago but we were close ..I just hope I am not 10 years to late .. :( ..

That must have been hard. It takes guts to give an apology, even after all these years. I think even if your friend doesn't come around immediately, at least you have given her something to think about.

I've had good friends from my past that have entirely dropped out of my life, and I often wonder what has become of them. I hope something good comes out of it for you.

Oh Heidi I hope you hear from her! I've reconnected with some old friends through facebook, it can really be a great tool for finding people you drifted apart from (or for more extreme cases like yours)

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

I think you did the right thing, both ten years ago and now. You put your safety and your family's safety first ten years ago and that was the best thing you could have done for yourself. But now, it is also good to let her know that you weren't trying to put her out of your life, you just didn't have much of a choice. If you don't hear from her you at least got it off your chest. If you do, it is a chance at a fresh start.