Colour Changing Gourami

El Pez

I got a opaline gourami the other day and it appears to change colour. Sometimes it is very white/blue with a couple of its dark spots and then a little while later it will look like a zebra with dark strips everywhere. Is this just a natural thing for them or is it a sign that the water isn't to its liking? anyone else have this happening? haha he just changed again while i typed this message. I also got a paradise fish/gourami but he seems to be a bit more normal.

One more for good measure. Also, Sunny and Cow are pretty small. I was considering keeping them in a 10 gal for i don't know 4-6 months so that they can grow out a bit. Then i would put them back into the 55 gallon. I just don't want them to feel intimidated in a tank with a couple rather large tinfoil barbs (4 inches). The threads say min 20gals but i'm guessing thats for the full grown version. what do you guys think?sorry here's the pic

post-500-1223414222_thumb.jpg

Edited by El Pez