No Gravel Or Very Little Gravel?

It's really your preference and whether or not you own fish that require gravel.

If you only have goldfish, then gravel isn't absolutely necessary. Many fish do well in graveless tanks and their owners tend to find it much easier to clean the waste that lands on the bottom.

If you already have an establish tank with a large amount of gravel in it and you decide to switch to graveless, consider taking only a portion of the gravel out per day. Much of your beneficial bacteria will have grown on the surface of your gravel and removing it all at once may hurt your cycle. You may also have a large amount of waste collected in the gravel, so a sudden disturbance may release toxins into the water.

I've taken out all my gravel and now just have a few rocks and I LOVE it. My main reason for doing so was my fish kept getting rocks stuck in their mouths. But now that I've done it I like how it looks and I find it SO much easier to keep the tank healthy, as in low nitrates and waste in general.