Xmas Gift Exchange 2008

Blue

Please put in your post things that you like and also things that you dislike or are allergic to.

Also if you are happy to have a buddy from another country please put it in your post.

Each member should spend no more than $20 without shipping costs.

Also to ensure your gift reachs its destination in time please mail your gift by 7th December at latest.

I hope that this year can be as successful as previous years :)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i will sign myself up first :P

I like everything Goldfish, German shepherds , Hamsters in effect anything animal, baseball caps, football, with T-shirts am a medium .

I have no dislikes or allergys so am easy pleased :)

Oh! I wanna do it!! There are a few things I bought over summer specifically for the gift exchange!

Ok, likes:

Goldfish things, obviously

Dog things

Dragon anything

Chocolate!!

I like getting new recipies for just about anything except seafood, unless it's tuna or salmon.

Anything ceramic

BOOKS!!! General dog books (training, behavior anything), cookbooks, folklore, native history of any culture/country, religious history

Ink pens. I like neat pens. (The nurses always give me the drug pens at the dr.'s office)

Dislikes:

Pink and red things

Cherries (I can't eat them)

Although I would love to have a partner overseas, I don't think I can afford the postage so I'll have to pass :(

:happydance:happydance

sign me up! :)

overseas is cool with me

no allergies

i love buddha figures or cool statues.

fish stuff

dog stuff (really really love chocolate lab stuff)

cat stuff

love ceramics

stuff with quotes on it ( i have a sign on my wall that says "the more i get to know some people, the more i like dogs" )

i love love love handmade or homemade stuff

anything unique (then when people come over i can say "oh that! thats from ____ in ____! isnt it cool!) :D

Edited by liz_marguerite

I'm in! And I'd be happy to buddy with someone from another country.

Likes: Clearly anything fish-related, and also cats or dog stuff. I like to knit and embroider. I like music, of course, mostly folk/indie rock. And I like fun, unique chotchkies and picture frames. I like books and comic books. Chocolate is also a fave. I like to garden, well, more accrurately put stuff in cool-looking pots and watch them grow and/or die.

Dislikes: I'm not really into scented things (like candles or sprays), I'm sensitive to most of those things.

Yay! I love Christmas!

Alrighty here I go!

Likes: Art (I'm an art history grad student), Star Wars, Knitting, Ballet, I collect owls, my favorite colors today are orange and green, I also have an unnatural affinity for peanut M&Ms

Dislikes: Yellow.

Allergies: wheat/gluten, and no bath products my skin has become very sensitive as of late, stupid laundry detergent is breaking me out now too!

Oh yay! I can't beleive I've never done this before!!!

And who knows, I might just break out my old art supplies for this one ;)

I like anything animal or nature related really (obviously, goldies are a fav), love love LOVE candy, books, Christmas ornaments, journals (as in the kind you write in), and martial arts...so action movies are always fun :P

Don't really want food (aside from candy!) and I'm not really into trinkets, as in ceramics or anything else small and breakable that would probably need to go on a shelf...which I don't have

And I can ship to the US but overseas is a bit too pricey for me this year :(

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

Im gonna do it, my mom said i could as long as its with my own money....which im gonna have to borrow from her lol

Like chrissy said i'll send something to US but no oversea, i have no money right now and my mom wont loan me money for that

Ok, Likes:

Anything fish related :D

Anything CSI lol

Im fine with most stuff actually :)

As for books, something on forensics would b cool cuz I cant find anything on that in local bookstores

any movies relating to crime fighting and stuff cuz i love those kinds of movies and shows! So anything similar to csi is great! Nothing rated R though lol cuz i wouldnt b able to watch it at my house although i could probably watch it at a friends house but yeah watever lol :)

Dislikes:

nothing pink or girly (unless its goldfish related :D )

no food except candy!!!!!

nothing breakable cuz i'd probably break it, i've been so clumsy lately!

I'm in! I love gift exchanges...so much fun! I need to stay in the US to save on shipping costs.

Likes: Anything to do with goldfish (especially informational books or supplies or just cute things), things to do with Maltese dogs, gardening, knitting, anything to do with cooking (though I'm vegan so that is a bit harder), anything to do with Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy, Angel), I love popcorn stuff (I make my own in my air popper), coffee...okay is that enough weird random things?

Dislikes: Hmm...I'm easy to please, though I am not a huge knick-knack fan unless it has to do with goldfish...then I love them! I'm not a super frilly, girly girl.

ooo I forgot I would love an overseas buddy :P

and I also love anything oriental. I also love martial arts.

OK I am in.

I want ANYTHING with Goldfish on!!!

Socks, earrings, T-shirt, paper or what you can find!

We don't have anything like that here in Sweden.

And no Koko members either...

I hate honey, garlic and licorice (Sp?)

If you wish to take part please sign up as soon as possible as we will be closing this list at the end of october :)

come on guys sign up :D Maceo and I are waiting to get this show on the road :D

Daniel waiting on your wish list :)

Edited by Blue

Sorry I havent got to this sooner, I have been away at the Festival of Fishkeeping in the UK, only got back late last night and work today. apologies. So to my wish list:

Likes: Goldfish anything, I collect badges, Im not too fussed really! lol

Dislikes: nothing really, I dont eat nuts though.

I dont mind having an overseas person, makes it a bit more interesting!

I like any snack that is a local favorite. The quirkier it is, the more I like it. That's why I request an overseas Secret Santa. :)

Other than that, a charitable gift in my name. You can get something of the appropriate value here http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/ in my name. This is an easy one because there is no shipping cost or effort.

Heifer International is my charity of the year. :)

I'm in!

Animals, especially fish

Pewter figurines/necklace charms

Vegetarian cooking/food

Dislikes: Smelly things

Licorice/jelly beans/jujubes

marshmallows