Goldfish Eggs Hatched

Guest chicky

Hi. I'm new to this. I ended up with over 400 goldfish fry. They are 7 days old, today (Mon) the 29th. I put eggs in 3 different tanks, just for the heck of it, and this is what I got.

Most of my message didn't come through....I have 4 different tanks w/40 to 150 babies in it, and am waiting on a 5th tank to settle, so I can thin some out (have 150or so in a 15 gal, and another 100+ in a 10gal). I transfered @ 120 to a 20 gal last night. I have no clue about shrimp brine. I took the eggs out of my goldfish tank just to see what, if anything, would happen. I never dreamed I'd end up with close to 500 fry! I've been giving them boiled egg yolks and flake food. What do I do with the shrimp? How do I start? Where do I get them from?Thanks forMost of my message didn't come through....I have 4 different tanks w/40 to 150 babies in it, and am waiting on a 5th tank to settle, so I can thin some out (have 150or so in a 15 gal, and another 100+ in a 10gal). I transfered @ 120 to a 20 gal last night. I have no clue about shrimp brine. I took the eggs out of my goldfish tank just to see what, if anything, would happen. I never dreamed I'd end up with close to 500 fry! I've been giving them boiled egg yolks and flake food. What do I do with the shrimp? How do I start? Where do I get them from?Thanks

Holy Smokes,lol! That's how I ended up with mine as well but only kept a few eggs. Since these were my very first fry ever I was always asking questions here,lol. I got the frozen Baby Brine Shrimp instead of trying to hatch my own and they did great on it. I also used Liquid Fry and Hikari First Bites. I pretty much fed them constantly all day. I used a piece of airline tubing to clean up any funk off the bottom of the tank. I used a sponge filter with them for the first month. I replaced any water removed with water from my established 29 gallon for the first two months rather than using water from the spigot. It's been running for almost two years and has never had a problem so considered it safe. My posts on them are listed as Black Velvet/Skye fry if you want to look them over. They may or may not be of any help. Good luck with your babies!