Guest Megan Steele

Hey everyone! This is how I want to stock my tank: :newfish

6 Zebra Danios

6 Neon Tetras

3 Red Platies

2 Guppies

1 Bottom Feeder

2 Snails

I am not sure if all of these will be of in my 20 gal so if someone could just tell if this would be ok or not that would be great!! Thanks!! :D

Is the tank cycled yet? I think you'd be pushing it for sure, but I can't say much because I have a heavily stocked 20 gallon myself. However my tank's been running a looooong time and is heavily planted. I think if you start out with all those fish you may lose some. My advice would be start with the guppies, platties and bottom feeder, (ottos or cories maybe?) and then build from there over time.

If this tank has a lot of live plants in it you should ok if not I would ether not get the danios or the tetras. What kind of bottom feeder are you talking about? Cories need complany so you need at least five and you really cant have five with all those others so might want to leave that one off too.

If this tank has a lot of live plants in it you should ok if not I would ether not get the danios or the tetras. What kind of bottom feeder are you talking about? Cories need complany so you need at least five and you really cant have five with all those others so might want to leave that one off too.

I would have to agree with that. Danios get about 1.5 inches (I think) and tetras a little smaller when full grown. I would either go with the tetras or the danios with the other fish. Also, if you are looking to get a cory cat, then you will need to get at least 3 because they like to be in groups.

I was thinking either 3 cory cats, or 1 Plecos. I think I am just going to get the Dainois and forget about the neons.

What kind of pleco would you be getting? I would suggest a bristle nose or other type that stays small. Also, stick with cory cats that stay small.

Guest Megan Steele

I was just going to get a common Plecos, but if there are others that stay small, then maybe I will get that kind. Would I be able to buy a Bristlenose Plecos at Pets mart or Pet co?

Edited by Megan Steele

Don't get a common pleco :please

I had one in a 20 gallon trop tank, he quickly grew to 8 inches long and destroyed the tank. He ate or uprooted all the plants, scared the tetras, etc. I think bristlenoses depend on your area, I know that where I am they are rare. But if you ask they may order one in for you.