Kuhli Loaches In A 10 Gallon?

Guest Minion

Would it be ok to put some Kuhli Loaches in a 10 gallon?

And if yes, then how many would be ok in there if the tank was just stocked with Kuhli Loaches?

Also..If I decided to put something else in there would it be ok to put a betta in with them? If not, what kind of other fish would work?

Thanks!

-Minion

Hello Minion, Kuhli loaches require at tank of a minimum 20 gallons. You could put in Mollies, platties, guppies, neon tetras and zanno zebra's. Those are all schooling fish and will happily school together so you could have a few of each.

They are recommending kuhli loaches or the smaller neons, guppies ect? You should not have a Kuhli loach in less than 20gal, but the other fish i said above are great for schooling they are all very active fish and get along well together so there would be no problem with those. A community tank is a tank with a bunch of fish that get along well together and are non aggressive towards each other making a peaceful 'community'.

Edited by Powerdragon

Ok..I have 1 more question that has nothing to do with the loaches..but what about cory cats in the 10 gallon? I hear people recommending them too, but I just want to make sure...

Those will be fine. If you are ONLY keeping Cories in that tank, you can have 6 mid-sized cories (Skunks, Pandas, Metaes, Axlerodis, Elegans, etc.) or 10-12 Pygmy Cories (pygmeaus, habrosus, cochui, hastatus). If you would like to add other fish, then just 6 of the pygmy species I mentioned would do.

From my own experience Cory Catfish are very good in a community tank because they are peaceful and wont harm their tank mates. I've had cories with tetras, danios, SAE's and they seem to all get along just fine i've never had a problem with them. you should keep them in schools of 6 or more tho. They are very fun to watch as they are very active and will scavange for food on the bottom, getting rid of the scraps.

Edited by Powerdragon