Qt Size For Tetras

sunnygirl

I was going to buy some more neon tetras and was wondering how big of a container I should house them in while they are QT? I have a container that measures about 7 gallons I think which I can fit a filter on (my others can't fit my filters). Is that too small for 5-7 neons for just the QT time (I don't really want to buy another container just to QT). I know it's really small and I would have to do frequent water changes but I don't want it to become too unhealthy and end up killing them all. What should be the min.. size to QT them?

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
What is a QT period??

It's quarenteen :)

It's a really good idea when you're getting to fish not to introduce them to your healthy fish. You never know what kind of diseases or parasites they might have.

And I agree, 7 gallons would be fine for QT for neons

Not necessarily a small tank. You have a seperate cycled tank and you watch them closely. For goldies you generally salt the water (.03%) and add prazi for flukes. For tropicals I don't tend to medicate, but if something is wrong with them you can then. That way, if there IS an illness or parasite, it won't spread to the rest of your fish and tank.