Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mydoona

New Fishpond

Guest Mydoona

Here are some pics of my new balcony fishpond.my 5 fishies went from a 90 litre tank to a 150 litre outdoor pond,They are tough so I hope they survive outside.When I was moving them they are so tame they just let me scoop them up in the net and didn't struggle at all.

http://mydoona.blogspot.com/

Guest Mydoona

Also wanted to know if the plants in the pond are ok??

The guy at the Nursery wasn't fussed in serving me and kept saying 'oh yes these are fine for ponds'.

One is an 'Elephant Ear' and the other is a 'Villarsia Calthifolia'

thanks

Nice set up but you may be a little overstocked. The plants should do well. I have several types of Taro (aka Elephant Ears) in my pond.

I read your blog and the post about guppies...No offenses..but since you already know that a 90 litre can have only 2 goldfish..simple math shows that 150 litre is less for 5 goldfish.. :( ..so yeah I agree with Debi0825..you are a bit too overstocked..and what size is your filter???..but I must say it looks cool... :heart maybe you could shift 2 of your goldies back into the tank...??goldies are awesome... :rolleyes::heart ???

The pond looks very neat!! The fish look good as well, but i do agree with the stock of fish in the pond. However it still looks good and those plants should take off in there as they are well suited. Unlike when i brought my plants, one they sold me wasn't even an aquatic plant, but lived for 3 months. i h8 people who just say yes, no experience at all.