My Very First Fry Ever!

Shamu23

I found a tiny little platy fry in my platy tank!!! This is really exciting cuz i've never had any before! There's only 1 but the good news is i'll be able to keep it cuz lemon pie passed away recently (ofcourse not good news that he died). The little fry looks exactly like Eve so im guessing she's the mom! I'd get some pics but she's still very small so it might not work to well.

thanks. The little guy is doing great, and i'll get some pics as soon as he's big enough. I've been calling it a he but actually i think its female :)

Edited by Shamu23

Congrats on the fry! :D

I remember one of my friends' fish had some babies before but their parents ate them all up :o LoL

Edited by comet182

• 2 weeks later...

I have pics and a video! I will try and get them posted after school today. The little thing has about quadrupled in size now, doesnt really need to hide from the adults anymore! I've named her Tazer, and more good news, Eve appears to be pregnant again!

Guest Jake Minimuto

Jule, do you have a picture of the platy before she dropped the fry?

I currently have a pregnant red wag platy (my first fish pregnancy) but I don't know how big they get before they drop the fry.

sorry i havent got the pics up yet, hopefully i'll get them uploaded soon, i've got an even newer video, gotta remind myself to post that soon

Jule, do you have a picture of the platy before she dropped the fry?

I currently have a pregnant red wag platy (my first fish pregnancy) but I don't know how big they get before they drop the fry.

i didnt even know she was pregnant before, so no I dont. She still seems pregnant right now, if I get any new fry i'll let u know :) . She's pretty fat right now and I can see the black spot where the fry would b.

Edited by Shamu23

Guest Jake Minimuto

Yay I'm so excited!!

This morning I woke up to 5 baby platy fry in my tank!!

I "rescued" them and put them in the breeder trap, because I didn't have the

platy in the trap when she gave birth sometime last night.

I'll post a pic or two when I get the time.

Yay I'm so excited!!

This morning I woke up to 5 baby platy fry in my tank!!

I "rescued" them and put them in the breeder trap, because I didn't have the

platy in the trap when she gave birth sometime last night.

I'll post a pic or two when I get the time.

congrats! I only got one fry and pics will come sometime this week hopefully lol

cant wait to see ur babies!

Congrats Jule...woo hoo...any name yet for the baby??

Her name is Tazer

Guest Jake Minimuto

Now I have a guppy who seems to have a pretty dark gravid spot....

I'm still unsure whether or not the babies are from my guppy or platy, as they both still seem big

I'll get some pics soon!! :iwill

I was gonna post pics yesterday, but ironically my internet died as soon as i signed into photobucket, but i promise they will come soon!! Possibly this evening!

Edited by Shamu23

Guest Megan Steele

Thats so great! I forget, are platies live bearing or egg laying? I am planning on getting some platies, but I am only going to get males because my tank is to small for breeding.