Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

Your Dream Tank

I would have a 200 gallon in the wall tank with the best in filteration that is available and 10 all white goldfish. Fantails and orandas. With a black background

Hmmmm.... that is a tough one. I would have a 100 gallon tank with 5-8 telescope butterfly goldies (either tri-color or bi-color), and of course super heavy duty filtration. I would have a black and/or blue background, and asian decor, and it would be barebottom.

If we are talking not realistic, I would have a giant tank with a see-through walkway through it, with 100's of goldfish and super awesome waterproof robots to help clean and maintain the tank.

Well, I have a 220 gallon tank and it's a lot of work! It was always my dream to have a big tank, now I regret it.

Maybe I'm on to something with the waterproof tank robots, eh? XD

My dream tank and largest aquarium is a 340 is a Tanganyikan Community tank and will likely stay that way. I just got my first spawning of Tanganyikan tilapia this weekend. They get 18 inches and need the space. There are now 3 or 4 species of fish in the tank with self sustaining populations including a Neolamprologus multifasciatus colony that's pushing 50 fish.

Here it is empty and the stand I built:

http://picasaweb.google.com/DavidLains/Gol...929321601095842

http://picasaweb.google.com/DavidLains/Gol...929313011161202

Here's the tanganikan Tilapia and half the tank:

The goldies do just fine in the 6 foot tanks!

Best fishes

David

www....................com

I kind of have my dream tank now, a 55 gallon is the biggest I've ever had so to me it's massive :P

But I suppose one of these days I'd like something 100 gallons plus with a nice variety of fish, all different colors and varities. And I'd want it planted :)

A self cleaning one :rofl

A 100 gal full of pearlscales and black moors :9

You know those massive tanks they have at the zoo/aquariums that you walk through, and then walk around the platforn above it? That's what I want.

I would want 2 of them, one with Comets and the other would have every type of goldy I could get. Bubble eyes and Celestials would have one of those neat wall tanks, made eye-safe of course.

I wanna swim with the fishes! lol

I second the self-cleaning one!

I think my dream tank would be a 100 gallon with a custom built stand -- really simple and sorta PotteryBarn-like. It would have riverstones and a long bubble wall with tiny bubbles (all of mine always spit out big clunk ones). And I'd have a handful of different fish, all white or orange: commons, comments, ryukins, ooh and maybe a veilteil.

And then I'd also have a 55 with a blue oranda, a chocolate oranda, a lemonhead, and maybe a ranchu. Ooh, or one a lavendar moore.

So I guess that's dream tanks...

My dream tank would be that JED packed up that big ole 220 & all the stuff & plunked it all right out in my front yard!!! Woohoo!! :exactly

Guest Benedict

my wish to have a 4" aquarium and a 100gal pond because,

now i keeping 1 ranchu & 1 ryukin 3" in 4 gallon tank..

who believe it..?

p/s: Wish all your dream come true :)

Hmmmm... what would it take to make a self cleaning tank?

All I can think of is a water change device that consists of a separate tank connected to the tank, where water will be held and treatment as replacement water, and the water taken out could be dumped in another tank where it could be used for plant water... or something... And the water changed could be programed to happen once a day or once a week, or better yet there would be sensors that take the waters readings continually and preform a water change as soon as the water quality is off.

Holy run-on sentences batman!

O_o Yes, I was bored. Anyone have anything else to add to that?

Well with my in the wall tank It woudl really be in a narrow room beside the living room for the tank and cut a whole in the wall for the tank to be viewed from the living room. With a door that goes to the outside and there would be built in steps to the tank and sink right by the tank. There would be hooks and shelve for all my suppies and heat and air.

I would have a tank that ran from ceiling to floor, so it would be a wall, but a tank! How cool would that be as a room divider? I'd fill it up with big ol' fat orandas. Just don't ask how you'd do a water chage on a tank like that :rofl

i would want a 160 gal tank with ancient greece backround and a variety of goldies! :)

One of my friends has a 375 gallon reef tank. She pays someone to maintain it.

I'd rather see goldfish. If you kept it under stocked maybe the water changes would not have to be so often.

i have a 55gal right now, and im happy with it, but if i were to go bigger i think i'd get a 75 for the extra width...to me a 75 would be big enough but not too big that it becomes a hassel

Guest pumpkin22

I like my fish and their tank the way it is. Small and few. Easy maintenance. :exactly

:gcar:

Guest Oranda's R HxC

150 gallon tank with custom stand and top, very good lighting, not sure of the decoration but 10 BIG Oranda's <33 I can only dream

Actually my Dream tank would probably be just a simple 15 gallon with an Oranda, my fish are hard to take care with multiple tanks.

My dream tank would be that JED packed up that big ole 220 & all the stuff & plunked it all right out in my front yard!!! Woohoo!!

I second that. :rofl3