Help With Goldfish Items

gardengirl

I'm hosting a trip to the local fish stores as part of the big aquarium convention here in Virginia next month. I wanted to give away/raffle off small goldfish related items. They have to be inexpensive, but cool. Anyone have any ideas how I could go about getting cheap goldfish items for 30 people on the bus???

I was thinking about little gift bags full of stuff like goldfish crackers and other stuff. I also found cool fleece that I bought a yard of, and will make no-sew mufflers out of that to give as "door prizes".

How about a goldfish trivia game? I'm going to have these people on the bus all day, so I want to make this fun for them.

Anyone have any ideas????

First off, I just have to mention how awesome that sounds! I wish I wasn't so far away from Virginia I would try to sneak into that trip. Is the trip specializing in goldfish?

Small decorative items, like a small scroll/print of a chinese or japanese goldfish painting, or a magnet maybe, might be a nice thing to get in a gift basket. I wish I could be of more help. Good luck!

This would be a little bit of work, but if you are crafty at all I have seen kits on ebay for like $9.00 that come with twelve plastic goldfish (they are pretty realistic), plastic bags and soap mix. What you end up with is a usuable soap in a plastic bag with a fish suspended in it. Pretty cute. So it would take you three kits to make enough and you would have a few extras for Christmas presents.

Actually this person has 36 available for under $8.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...amp;refid=store

I went on-line to Oriental Traders yesterday and ordered a bunch of funfish-themed stuff to make goodie bags. The trip is not necessarily a "goldfish" trip, but I'm totally into goldfish and since I'm the host on the bus --- well, they'll have to listen to me go on and on about goldfish, LOL.

Anyway, the REALLY cool giveaways will be gift certificates for each store we visit. I'll draw names for those. The goodie bags will be on each seat of the bus and will contain fish related stuff -- little notebooks, goldfish keychains, a fish game that they can play while on the bus, a bag of goldfish cracker mix that I'll make myself, fish candies and a few other things. I'll also give away the fleece goldfish mufflers.

I need to come up with a trivia game of some sort now. Any ideas???

I want this to be a lot of fun for these people. :-)