Sign in to follow this  
Nomi

Ophie And Gilbert.

Hey everyone! I was taking a few pictures of Ophie and Gilbert in their new tank today, and I thought I might as well post a few.

P9050181.jpg

P9050197.jpg

P9050204.jpg

Gilbert is a shy little boy and likes to hide from the BIG EVIL SCARY CAMERA. :heart

P9050196.jpg

And of course, Ophie has to have her little face right in the camera. "Ooooooh, whats THAT!? Is it FOOD!?"

P9050205.jpg

:D haha cute fish with contrasting personalities!

i love the layout of your tank! very serene and peaceful. :heart

They are VERY cute!

Congrats on the new tank, all of you. :P

So cute...I loved your timid little Pearly.

Ohh I am soo glad they are doing sooo good...you did a very good job moving..and your tank setup is beautiful..very pretty.. :)

Looks great, the last picture is awesome :D

Nice fish and tank but you need more filteration for goldfish and I think that is only 12 gallons? You need at least 20 but 30 would be better.

Good luck

Thanks everyone!

12? I was told it was 15 (of course, thats still not good, but is was the best I could do)! Thats what my measurements came out as..... anyway, I know it isn't the ideal tank, and believe me, I was very sore about not being able to get a better tank/filter. However, I was not in control of the tank buying, my parents were (at first they were adament that I was getting a 5 gallon and nothing bigger, but the nice pet store employee helped me talk them up to a bigger tank for two goldfish). It was either this or nothing, and I had to admit it would be better than nothing. They are overstocked, but it is only for eight months, after which they WILL be getting a MUCH bigger tank (one of the good things about moving away on my own) and a half barrel pond if I can find one over 30 gallons. As it is, I am more than prepaired to do frequent water changes and water testing, and if worst comes to worst I can set up a rubbermaid tank for one of them.

That is an pretty tank and with 2 to 3 water changer a week well help for a couple months. A rubbermaid is a great idea. I would work on getting that set up for one of them very soon.

Once I double check with my landlady if it's ok that I will most likely set up a rubbermaid tank, especially as gilbert grows. Unfortunatly, the closest pet store that would sell a filter and other supplies I would need is a 6 hour drive away, which is a daunting task when you are a starving art student without a car :P . I'll figure something out.

they are so nice

the tele looks huge compared to the pearlie

The tank is beautiful! Both fish look quite happy with their new home.

I love the colors of your telescope hun....great looking fish :heart

oh there such cuties I love the tank set-up. The purple flower is really cool!!!!

They look great! I love the tank, it is decorated so cute! And the fish look like they are really enjoying their new home..

Glad everything went well for you.. How's school? How are you doing with the move?

nice telescope!

Yes, Ophie is my little beauty. A rare find in what is otherwise a goldfish wasteland (and friendly to boot!).

The move is doing well, I'm still getting used to living on my own. My apartment is great though, even if the laundry/dishes are really starting to pile up. School is awesome, the year started with a field trip, and it is going to be awesome only taking classes that I'm interested in and really want to do (as opposed to high school).

Awww, they look so happy in their tank.

Glad you are doing well! : )

Ahh well.. some laundry and dishes.. isn't that what college is all about anyway? And don't forget empty pizza boxes!!! lol

Good luck this year with everything!! You'll do great I'm sure!

Thanks! Gilbert does seem to be a common name, doesn't it? Lol, though I'm beginning to suspect that my Gilbert is a girl Gilbert. Would that make her a Gillian? Gilbertha?