Bloody Red Streaks And Big Red Abcess On Wen

newbiefishgirl

The thing that freaks me out is that it drops to 7.4 the next day. When I added the buff it up it took the ph crazy high. I followed the directions...i think 1/8 tsp per 10 gall.

should i get out a tub of water with no fish in it and try it there first by monitoring??

gee with all these water changes, what is another 30 plus galls right?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Disaster struck! :yikes One of the canister filters dumped 30 gallons of fish water all throughout my house at midnight. I had to call a half dozen water removal/restoration companies in. They were here until 4 am! My brand new built house that I have been in for a little over a month has been broken in niceley. Gee.

One of the filters is blown. So I have the 405 on the 60 gall only for now. I am going to have to put in a homeowners claim since I have carpet throughout most of the house. I now live in a space ship that is getting ready to take off! There are so many fans drying stuff out.

So let us just say my water experiment has been put on hold. I was afraid the fishies were not going to make it since the circuit breaker blew and they had no filter on for about 15 hours. But I finally got one going...they seem ok, no worse for wear. :help1 this is what i looked like last night!

I was positive this was the last straw for the other half. I really expected to come home and have everything disappeared...fish, tanks, and all! He said it was like he was dreaming when he came into the living room last night. I have the front door open, scooping water out it, bent over like some crazy scrubbing maid! What a mess.

Any suggestions on what to do in the meantime while I wait to get a new filter?

Yup, that is a good idea. You can play around with the water in a tub without worrying about the fish. Maybe try half the recommended amount then test after an hour. Test KH as well as PH -you really need to reach around 10 drops to be safe.

BTW -Did you try testing the jug after 12/24 hours for a drop? This would be very good to know.

PS - Oh no! I missed the second post and only saw it after adding my answer. What a nightmare!

No. Red on the outside of fish always means blood is involved. MMCs don't have blood showing. Maybe its a small infected spot? Do you have a pic? Burns from toxic meds or ammonia will do this too as will parasites. Is it raised? Is it growing?

I will have to take a picture tonight. It has been the same size for months. I think i first asked about it quite some time ago. It started out by looking like a puffy spot under her eye and it was red....like someone got puched in the eye. Then after noticing the wen growing on Artemis in white...i thought maybe it was just a darker orange/red color of wen growing on her.

I will get a pic 2nite

Okay. See if you can get a magnifying lens near it too. If there are cottony pieces in it or if it is flat/raised/ etc, any info at all.

Thanks Imo!

I got pics I will load them at work in the morning being as I dont' have anything to download here yet...new places and all!

I know you are busy and I do appreciate the help, especially since Sue needs a bit more love and care right now!

My kiddos are toughing it out and and are not showing new symptoms...even with the 30 gallons of water that is being aridryed from my floors/carpet!

Let us just say it is a balmy 90+ degrees in my home and a lovely 68 outside and I can't suck any of it in with the space ship fans overtaking my home!

There are now 25 fans and 2 dehumidifiers in my house and no where to escape. I am unsure why the fish haven't gone mad from the constant rumblings...it is making me nuts and I am only home about 10 hours a day. House won't be dry till at least Saturday...talk about dehumidifying the house I am adding a couple of gallons a day to keep the tanks full!

Is this going to effect everything I have going on? I can't see how it couldn't. Any ideas?????

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...rl/myrna036.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...rl/myrna030.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...rl/myrna029.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...rl/myrna025.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...rl/myrna024.jpg

Ok one pic is of Lucy, the ryukin (?) is that matt looking on her head normal?

I threw in a pic of Artmeis so you could see the "healing" wen, looks much better.

Ok on to Einstein. can you see the red spot under her eye...if you look at the mirror image at bottom of tank you can see the orange/red perfect circle dot

Let me know what you think

Ummmm..sorry to be a pain but did the pictures help with seeing what is wrong with Einstein?

Both Einstein and Esteban are still side laying on the bottom of the tank. Einstein has red spots as shown in the picture.

Any clue? What about the filter? Should I start a new thread?

Yes start a new thread at once and I'll take alook. From what I can see immediately your fish with the red spot lieing on his side has an internal infection. Can you post a list of all the meds you have tried and which tank who is in so I have the basics quickly accessible. I'll wait.