Bloody Red Streaks And Big Red Abcess On Wen

newbiefishgirl

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving the maneater would seem the logical choice. However my concern is that as sensitive as Einstein and Esteban are right now to water (treated with marycyn2 for infection) and are barely getting over serious streaks...to put them in my 55 gall that seems to keep ph crashing....? I don't know if I want to take the chance.

I have neolite in the 20 gall keeping the ammonia down. It really seems to be working. The big test will be when I get home tonight.

Artemis, Esteban, and Einstein all are perfectly content together. I just worry about Callie my little telescope still in the maneater tank. They have always just ignored her...but one never knows. I never thought i would come home to a fish with half a wen either.

Such a dilemma!

I have a 36 gallon rubbermaid, just not a filter that would fit it since I need the other filters for the 55 gall.

I have the intank filter that sits on the side and a small whisper that originally came with the 20 gall

Einstein happens to be swimming a lot more today. Upside down mostly but sometime right side up.

Neolite containing amm levels..0

if you saw my other post on artemis...she is back in the 20 gall with my two sad gals.

but she seems to perk einstein up????? Can we find a silver lining here?!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...forepicture.jpg

here is a picture of her before and why i freaked out so badly

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/n...atenfish004.jpg

the two together to see the difference

should I be swabbing her head again today?

THis is WEIRD!! I got your pm and it freaked me out!!! Let me read over everything better, I am glad Heidi has been here to help you, she's awesome : )

I am sooo sorry you keep having so many problems.. This is insane...

I think dabbing the spot like heidi said was really good advice. When you dab the spots you are killing bacteria, both good and bad... So it's always best to dab the spots just once, because every time you are dabbing it you are killing the good healing bacteria along with the bad bacs...

It does seem strange that this happened at the same time as the PH crash.... I agree that I would think ALL the fish would be affected, but it seems so weird that the Ph crashed like that, and then the damage happened, at the same time.. Have you ever seen the big bully fish attacking the others?

I also know what you mean about not wanting to put the other fish (Einstein & Esteban) back in the 55 for fear of it crashing. I do think they are best left where they are. They've been through a lot and are somehow managing to hang in there, so I would hate to see them fall victim to a PH crash.

You did order buff it up and are waiting for it to come right? (I know I can read your other thread for this answer, but it's easier to ask)

Right now the PH's seems to be working against you more than anything else... I hope that gets straightened out soon, and I am soo sorry you are going through all of this..

I think the three fish in the 20 will be okay will you are gone. Now that the zeolite is in and actually working, that tank seems to be the best place. The PH is more stable in there, and they are adjusted to that tank. You will be gone, so they won't be fed I assume, so the ammonia should be low anyway..

Did you see her poor pictures.

They do the mating bullying...eating her poo and chase her around. But they don't normally hurt her.

I didn't mean to scare you I was totally freaked out though. Before and after pics...poor baby.

6-7 inch fish need to be fed more....obviously they snacked on her. But it is weird because they have always been in the tank together since i first brought them home. Except when I took them out to medicate!

Waiting impatiently on Buff it up.

Ordered new filters, they should be here on Monday.

Going to check out tanks at lunch.

Leaving the 3 in the tank...at least they are safe with each other.

I was getting worried about you! Everything ok?

BAD fish mom.

WHat did I say about that??!?!??!

I did PM Trinket but it might take her a bit to get to this one just because of the length ya know?

I still can't believe all your bad luck... I am glad that so far the fish have all survived.. This is good..

So you ordered the new tank right? What size is it? Is this for the shubies? Or The fancies? Is the "mean" fish a shubie or fancy?

I'm glad Einstein is perking up, whatever the reason.. The other day I mentioned eggs.. This is a far stretch but MAYBE Einstein is a girl and she is egg bound. Maybe Atemis is a guy, and having him in the tank chasing her it is perking her up??

Well I got my 60 gall tank today. The filters won't be in until Monday.

I don't think that by seperating the filters there would be enough turn around on the filter flow to seperate them.

3 fish in a 55 gall

2 fish in the 60 gall with no cycle yet

2 fish in 20 gall QT with neolite

i am thinking it would probably be better to just leave them where they are until i get back from my trip?

ideas?

Edited by newbiefishgirl

I wrote you back earlier actually and it erased so I waited to retype it! LOL

didn't mean to scare you I was totally freaked out though. Before and after pics...poor baby.

I saw them and I feel sooooo bad for the little girl!!! Poor thing!!!!!!! At least she is behaving normal though...

Waiting impatiently on Buff it up.

Ordered new filters, they should be here on Monday.

Going to check out tanks at lunch.

Leaving the 3 in the tank...at least they are safe with each other.

I don't think that by seperating the filters there would be enough turn around on the filter flow to seperate them.

3 fish in a 55 gall

2 fish in the 60 gall with no cycle yet

2 fish in 20 gall QT with neolite

Okay so buff it up needs to HURRY up...

Which fish hurt the other? One of the shubs I assume??

I think as for the filter you can either split them, at least then the cycle will start while you are gone, or wait and deal with it then. Thats your call... I think the two in the new tank without a cycle will be okay while you are gone, because they won't be fed.. But if you split the filters up, no the turnover won't be enough, but at least then both tanks will have some filtration, and because both are cycled, you will hopefully have less ammonia in each.. The new filters, are they both for the 60 gallon, or is one for the 55 and one for the 60..??

I was getting worried about you! Everything ok?
THings have been stressful here with Shane's sister... Then, shane & I stayed up late last night, then slept in today.. dealt with some stuff, so I wasn't on as early as normal.. TOnight i am gonna be MIA as well, but i might have a chance to check back in before bed..

real quick i am headed home. the fan tail was picking on him before i left and when i got home. but with as much of her wen gone, probably all 3 but i only caught one in the act so he is taking the brunt of my frustration.

those 3 together are like a gang

I am thinking i need to keep them together??? another day, another story.

Hope you get everything at least out there if not anything else. see ya

Yeah we'll have to talk about it in more detail cause right now I am confused which fish are which. LOL I've got Einstein, Estaban and Artemis figured out..(excuse the spelling if it's wrong ) But you said the other THREE are like a gang, but you only have two more fancies right? One being Mr. Evil.. And the other being?????

Who exactly is in each tank at the moment?? And what filters will eventually go with each tank?? LOL LMAO This is kinda funny actually.. It's all confusing LOL

TTYL

Lucy (fan tail fish eater), 2 shubies mario & ellie, are the gang

Poor little callie(the one in my picture) my telescope is in that tank with them...dillema, I am afraid they will get hungry and eat her eyes out while I am gone.

Artemis, Einstein (orandas) and Esteban, my black moor who is almost all orange now are in QT

I have a fish divider which i think i will put up while I am gone just in case

I am thinking of the gang in one tank 55 gall with emperor and fluval 305

60 gall the others (if my E's recover) with a fluval 305 & 405

which right now is looking like 2 fish....eventually when all this crap gets straightened out I want to get a couple more mild fancy fish....i don't ever want maneaters again!

I will just have to figure it out later. Gotta to go pack and find that crazy fish divider.

LOL.

Artemis is definitely a girl, I saw her laying eggs! Nice thought though.

Those two are friends. I think they bonded as the two wen heads in the tank.

I just somehow think it is important that they have an active healthy fish near them so they remember what fish are supposed to do. Is this silly?

????? I don't know. Got to get to my trip. Keep your fingers crossed I come home to healthy fishies!

Thanks for spelling it all out LOL Makes more sense now...And a fish divider while you are gone sounds perfect..

I have a thought, based on everything..

What if you did the two shubunkins in the 60.. That would give them PLENTY of space to grow, and even permit you to get one more fish if you ever wanted to. (20 gallons each times 3=60 perfect)

Then in the 55 you could put Artemis, Einstein, Esteban and Callie... Since they are all nicely behaved..

Then for Lucy, you could try her in the 55 while watching her.. It could have just been coincidence.. If she shows more agression you can either use the divider in the 55 (caus that would be the perfect number of fish for that size tank), or even use the 20 and keep her in it alone.. Or if you really just can't then put Lucy in with the Shubs like you said..

Just thinking out loud.. obviously you don't have to listen to anything I am saying LMAO

Have a good trip, try not to worry. I hope things are okay while you are gone!!!

Artemis is definitely a girl, I saw her laying eggs! Nice thought though

Ahh man!!! Oh well there goes that theory! LOL

Those two are friends. I think they bonded as the two wen heads in the tank.

I just somehow think it is important that they have an active healthy fish near them so they remember what fish are supposed to do. Is this silly?

Not at all...PLus if the two bonded, (which I KNOW fish do) then just by having his buddy Artemis back may perk him up.. Either way, seems like Artemis is a good thing for Einstein and thats good!!!

????? I don't know. Got to get to my trip. Keep your fingers crossed I come home to healthy fishies!

Will do! Good luck!!!!!!

Well the QT was fine when I got home. Changed the water real quick (per normal) fishies were fine.

55 gall on the other hand. 6.0 ph, amm .25, no2 0, no3 80. Water change. Divider worked, fishes were fine other than they seemed like they were in hibernation until I started doing the water change. Seemed ok.

UPS doesn't deliver on weekends so I am hoping everything gets here today.

Trip was ok, just need to figure out a budget. Hmmm anyone ever heard of that before?! LOL

Hear anything about sinking fish yet?

Nut!

Obviously I want to hear what you are saying since I asked! Duh!

I may have to think on it more. Lucy really stays right by the shubies. Never leaves their side.

Who knows, right now I am too tired to think.

Artemis' wen looks ok I guess. What is "healing" supposed to look like? It still looks "chewed"!

Nut!

Obviously I want to hear what you are saying since I asked! Duh!

Good cuz apparently I was gonna tell you anyway LMAO.

I may have to think on it more. Lucy really stays right by the shubies. Never leaves their side.

Hey, you know her the best.. if she can hold her own with the single tails, thats cool. Just make sure she gets enough to eat, and if she can keep up with them swimming wise, they might be just fine.. Everything is recommended a certain way, but there are always exceptions..

Artemis' wen looks ok I guess. What is "healing" supposed to look like? It still looks "chewed"!

It looks like that may take some time to heall. I've seen healing look white, and I've seen it look black.. Complete opposites right? But I have seen tails grow back and the new growth is a whitish... But sometimes a wound that is healed, will show black.. I've never seen anything like this, so I don't know WHAT it will do.. New wen growth often looks white.. opague white, and can even look like little pimples, so I don't know if that is what will happen here. If you see anything strange, I would take more pics. It never hurts to be safe. : )

buff it up finally came in the mail tuesday night! Geez. I am going to sit down and figure out how to use it tonight when I get home.

Esteban is getting worse...losing color too. But still knows who I am and tries to get along.

I just don't know what to do?

The qt tank doesn't have time for the ph to crash when I am changing water daily, it is over a couple of days in the big tank.

Esteban...well I really haven't thought she was going to make it. But today she was a bit perkier, she actually swam to the top. But I also was feeding peas for the first time in a month since yesterday was 30 days on medigold.

No more white poo, i think and hope.

got to run, i have been lally gagging way to much in the mornings and my 1 1/2 drive to work is not exactly fun!