New Lionhead

Guest JamesJozef

Guest JamesJozef

Well, I just moved him to the main tank after being is quarantine for 2 weeks. He doesn't sit still very long, and so I was only able to get three useable pictures. I'll try to get some more when he settles down a bit. His colour is really amazing, the pictures don't do it justice. Any name suggestions are welcome as I haven't been able to come up with anything suiting him.

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

Guest JamesJozef
i dont think its a lion head it looks like a ranchu cause it has a curved not a straight one.

I think his back is slightly "curvaceous" if you will, for a lionhead, however, on most ranchus that I have seen the back curves down much more steeply before the tail than his does, which leads me to the lionhead conclusion, however, I may be wrong. Kathy's right about him being a little beauty, though, he's only about 1.5-2 inches long with tail.

By definition, he's a lionhead, no doubt.

However I do believe he may have ranchu parents, as evidenced by the somewhat curved backbone, stocky built, and the shape of the head. The only thing stopping him becoming a ranchu and puts him in the lionhead category is the angle of the tail. Anyhow, a very pretty fish nonetheless, and personally I don't have a problem whatsoever if u want to call him a ranchu ;)

A lionchu! Except for the white tummy, he's just like my Peaches! Same size, same orange. Same everything. But, my Peaches does have a straighter back though.

As far as names, you can't push it and choose something just because or it will never quite fit. Just let it happen. The name will come and it will seem so right when it does! (Besides, I don't have any suggestions! lol! :tomuch: )