Single Tails Fever!

d_golem

One more single-tail joined my goldie family :D what's wrong with meeee??

So far I've bought 3 single-tails within the last 1.5 months: A Tiger-stripes common & a Blue Sky shubie both in late July (you can see their pics HERE, and then just yesterday I bought a Blue common.

It's weird why there are lots of blue fancies but personally I've never seen a blue common, so I hope I got something of a bargain here :)

So here's the little 3-inch blue guy saying hello to you all. Hellooooo!

bluey-1.jpg

bluey-2.jpg

bluey-3.jpg

and now some pictures of all 3 of my single-tails in the photo-only tank :D

Believe it or not, the tiger-stripes has grown a full inch (now an easy 4 inch long from the initial 3 inches) since I got him a little over a month ago and I reckon the colour contrast is getting stronger.

The blue sky shubie has also gotten bigger, now nearly reaching 5 inches from 4 inches long when I got her.

Both are quite fat now :D the new little blue common needs to catch up to them :) he's still looking un-attractively slender to me lol

alltop-2.jpg

alltop-1.jpg

all-front-2.jpg

The Three Caballeros!! We all cost AU$3.00 each lol

all-front-1.jpg

Blue sky's glamour shots

shubie-1.jpg

shubie-2.jpg

Tiger-stripes obviously loves the camera ;)

tigey-front.jpg

Let's hope that's the last fish I bought in a loooong time :D now I need to shift my resources to hopefully getting an ideal upgrade (a pond maybe hm hm hm hm) for these future monsters!

Edited by d_golem

I swear - different breeds of goldfish just kind of jump out and GRAB me, too. I would never have thought I would have been interested in single-tails, either, but I find the comets/commons/shubies wonderful. You not only take beautiful pictures, but the subject(s) of those pictures is also beautiful.

(It is also good to see someone else who sews. I like using the cutting board lines to measure fish, too. :) )

I also recognized the cutting board as my mother is a sewing addict!

Absolutely gorgeous goldies!! I love all of them but really love the Blue Sky! Luckily I haven't seen any like that at the lfs here, or I would be terribly overstocked! :rolleyes:

I love that tiger striped one...so handsome!

Yeah, it looks amazing :D ! I'd love to have one of those, but I don't think I've ever seen any goldfish like that in Belgium :( .

gosh rizky... you've got such great fish!!!

*sigh* i think i have yet to see any of your fish in an ugly picture or a picture blooper. :P

i like the new blue shubie too!!! they're all so pretty!!!

if you ever need to send them away, i'm volunteering myself to adopt any of your fish!!!! :D

Very handsome and healthy fish, and great pics too!

I like commons too, but I don't have enough room to keep any now.

we should have a pond in the future!!! :yeah:

or maybe multiple ponds...

or maybe a lake!!!

better yet... let's open up the beanytink aquarium!!! :rofl2

and have riz design our aquariums! :exactly

Edited by Tinkokeshi

Thx Hsi Hou. The most satisfying thing is that I got all of them pretty much from the feeder pond.

I'd gladly do the design if you & Daniel ever want to build a pond. Just don't expect me to design "mundane & easy-to-build" ones lol

Yeah, it looks amazing :D ! I'd love to have one of those, but I don't think I've ever seen any goldfish like that in Belgium :( .

There's a VERY respectable top-view ranchu breeder in Belgium called Geert Coppens. He's also a member of a goldfish society and I know a few members got rare fish like Jikins. Probably you should find out where Geert lives and have a look at his fish house, you'll be amazed.

Thx Hsi Hou. The most satisfying thing is that I got all of them pretty much from the feeder pond.

I'd gladly do the design if you & Daniel ever want to build a pond. Just don't expect me to design "mundane & easy-to-build" ones lol

There's a VERY respectable top-view ranchu breeder in Belgium called Geert Coppens. He's also a member of a goldfish society and I know a few members got rare fish like Jikins. Probably you should find out where Geert lives and have a look at his fish house, you'll be amazed.

Thanks for the tip :D !