Hasn't Been An Easy Day

Trinket

I got the 3 tanks moved on Sunday. In the rain but never mind- fish dont mind rain. Carried pleco babies in a bucket on my knee, tanks empty and strapped in the car, all the media in buckets of water, and fish in buckets the same.. several journeys but only moving 5 minutes away.....no battery airstones so just as well.... it went okay.

Set up the tanks at the new house to find a slow leak in one tank. It was my fry tank. It must have gotten knocked in the car. Easily done I suppose. Remembered I had a spare that I had used as a greenwater tank previously so came back and collected that today and strapped it on the back of my motorcycle since the person helping with car rides had disappeared by then..anyway that was okay but setting it up wasnt.

First, used my new python. Its actually a laundry pump that takes water out of the bath/ofuro and pipes it into the washmachine. Japanese invention.Set it up to the water bucket outside and let it fill the new tank (after sterilising it of course). Filled the tank, switched off the pump and went away to do something else. Unfortunately. Came back to find the bucket full of water..how strange..PANIC!

Ran inside and the baby fish were all on their sides in 3 cms of water..AAAARGH! Pulled the plug. Somehow I had flipped the wrong button on the pump..thought Id turned it off, one more minute and no water would have been left :no:

I fixed that problem fast and the fry were just fine. Turned around and Noddy had a huge white stone/piece of coral in his mouth, trying to chew it..whipped him up and it popped out...some larger pieces must have fallen in from the filter change/set up.

Finally. Two of the filters seem broken. One motor is making a huge noise and is not pumping the water as efficiently and the other wont even turn on.

I'm going to bed now, and sorting all this tomorrow :thud .

Thx for reading.

What a day you had! :(

I've moved a few times with tanks, but never had as many things go wrong at once, I hope tomorrow treats you better.

collected that today and strapped it on the back of my motorcycle

I would have liked to see that!

Now this story is just perfect for you to put into your blog! You can give us an ongoing report of, what sounds like, chaos!, lol! and a good sprinkling of Murphy's Law! OH! And.... definitely sorry that Murphy has decided to test out his theories on you!

Oh dear. I moved several years ago with two tanks. A 55 and a 30. We dedicatied a full day to just moving pets. It did not go near as bad as your move sounds like. Besides we had a truck back then.

I bet that was a site your tank on the motercycle. lol

What a CRAPPY day!!!

I HATE days like that, when it seems to be one thing after another, and you can't catch a break.. Those days make me insanely mad!!

Sorry for all the problems yesterday.. I am so relieved that you got back in time before all the water was drained. How scary.

I have to admit though. I would give anything to see you driving around on a motorcycle with a fish tank LMAO :rofl

Hope everything turns out better today.. I know the last few weeks have probably been driving you nuts.. Hang in there!! :hug

Oh you poor thing! What a nightmare.

I keep imagining the baby fish as the water got lower and lower. "Um... mommy? Moooommy? Mommy, the world seems to be shrinking..."

Oh dear, what a day! Moving is always stressful but add fish and that goes up by about a million gazillion and a half! It sounds like you could use a nice long soak in a hot bath. :bath

Moving sucks! I'll probably be in my apartment til the day I die just because I don't ever want to have to do that moving thing again! lol!

Awww...Imo...I hope things sort out fast...and no more bad days for you...good to know all your fish are safe and doing good.. :hug ..Moving is stressful...hope everything goes good today..take care... :tou ... :D

OMG I hate moving!! When I got divorced I had to move 3 times in 2 years and I said I would burn all my stuff before I ever moved it again.

Imogen, I hope tomorrow goes better for you hon. Its just so stressful moving stuff, much less fish. I'm with everyone else though and would've loved to see you moving your tank on your cycle, lol!

It will get better, honest. BTW did you find a home for your cat?

Thanks so much guys for the encouragement. The tank on the bike was fine. I drove very very slowly, I was practically sitting on the gas tank and the sides of the tank were way out so I had to keep an eye on traffic overtaking my snailspace. Anyway I'm glad the fish have survived the move and live to fight another day. Me too :rest::yawn

Oh I hope you got things sorted out soon, and pics of your new place.

I hope I'll never move, must be a nightmare to move with fish...

And I can't move the pond...

Moving a pond must indeed be top of moving horrors :rofl

Are you feeling better? Hope to catch up with you soon Anette...

Vickie- still no new home found for the cat, am looking. Right now I am going back daily to feed her at the old house..

Gee, your moving day seemed much much worse than mine! Although I hope your fishies are not as stressed out as mine! I am hoping when I get home tonight they have decided that upside down is not the way to be!

Honestly though, can you imagine the people watching you drive the motorcycle with a fish tank :rofl Good luck Trink!

WOW - I am in awe at all you are able to do!

I have been immersed in my own little world the past few weeks but am glad to hear that you found a place and are moved in safely. I hope one day you will be able to look back at all your moving adventures and smile :D

wow sorry to hear about ur problems. I've had to move 3 or 4 tanks in one day too, several times but it was only in my room and nothing went wrong except some "slight" water spillage.