3 New Ranchu Babies

daryl

I picked up three new little Ranchu babies at the MPKS show last week. As I am sitting here, killing time in the hotel, I was going through my camera and decided I could post up a picture I took of them.

I want to cross some calico genes into my Ranchu line, so I picked these three with that in mind. They are little guys - about 2 inches total - and have some minor flaws, but should suit my breeding purposes splendidly. They are doing well in qt - I moved them into a 20 gallon Rubbermaid tub in the bathroom with a big cannister. I dropped the little red Bubble eye fish that I got in with them - all came from Ron of Southwest.

post-27-1220292135_thumb.jpg

They are 3 cuties!!!

I moved them into a 20 gallon Rubbermaid tub in the bathroom with a big cannister.

:rofl I would love to tour your house, I picture tanks under the kitchen sink, the bed, in the oven maybe (basically my dream house, hahaha)

Thank you. :) I selected the whiter one for the "blue" factor. The one with the red at the tail has really NICE blues in the color. The other one carries more black in it's makeup - a whole spectrum of calico genetics..... I hope. :)

:rofl

My house is not THAT bad! :rolleyes:;)

I have a very large house with just the two of us in it- 4 cats and a bunch of fish. The basement has my hubby's airplane in it, so I get the main floor. I have a "fish room" - a room that used to be my elder daughter's room. It has 15 tanks in it. I have three larger tanks in the kitchen and 4 in the dining room. One guest bathroom has the qt tub at this time.

When the airplane is gone, I will set up my greenwater tubs in the basement, again.

We are designing a house to be built sometime in the next 2 years, money permitting. It will have a large room out back of the kitchen that will be a combo fish room and green house. It should have all the water built in - and make taking care of fish a lot easier. I have also designed multiple large indoor breeding ponds and growout tubs. I have a continuous water exchange system designed, too, that should make water changes obsolete. I cannot wait. Until then, I just enjoy what I have.

You are certainly welcome to stop by when you are in the Chicago area. Right now I am in Texas with my daughter and her baby - evacuated from the NEw ORleans pediactric hospital. We are waiting out Gustov before returning to her home in Lousiana. It looks as if the storm is weakening and all should be good. We have their two dogs with us in the hotel room and it is rather "exciting" here. Luckily the baby sleeps through eVERYTHING.

I miss my fish and kitties, but my hubby is home and I was needed here.

The basement has my hubby's airplane in it, so I get the main floor. I have a "fish room"

I think that's a fair trade!!! And I thought my basement was full :P

Your poor daughter/grandson! I hope all goes well and they get home soon.

i absolutely LOVe ranchus.

yours are really beautiful. i love the mostly white one. also i really love the one with more red's tail.

your house sounds amazing, i would love to see all your tanks !

Edited by justkeepswimming

So cute...I love these little guys. My husband's family evacuated last night (they live in Gulfport, MS and just finished their house after losing everything in Katrina) but they already got home and everything is looking good. Hopefully, you and the new grandbaby will have the same experience.

I live in LA, but I work for Columbia College Chicago and I am literally there all the time. I might take you up on visiting sometime. I would love to see your little beautys:)

Well geez why didn't you tell us this sooner???!!! I just bought my ticket to Chicago here I come!! : )

No seriously... if I am EVER there for any reason, I AM stopping by, whether you want me to or not!!! Maybe I can sleep in the airplane hahaha

The new babies are super cute... Hey you need to post a picture of your fish room sometime!! Just the whole thing.. And curious.. what is your water change schedule like. Do you try to space them out with a certain number each day..how do you do it?

Heeeeey I also saw your pics from the Goldfish Show, and guess what? I might really be able to go to the one in Maryland coming up!!! It got me all excited to go to one, and I said something to Shane about it, and believe it or not, he said it seemed sorta interesting!!! Crazy huh? I had plans to do a weekend beach trip with my friend, and we are unsure if it's the same weekend as the show though. I am trying to arrange it for the following weekend though now..

• 1 month later...

Okay! Now, one picture posted from a hotel room is NOT going to suffice! The deal is with pics like that, is that they are placators until you can get home and post lots more pictures! You bought a temporary reprieve from the koko's stick, but, you could still get one! I wanna see some more pics of these new kids..... which aren't so new anymore and we need to see how they've grown anyway!

Those are lovely! I wish my ranchu would hurry up and grow himself a wen, but it doesn't seem like he's got the genes for it :(

How did the little guys develop now, Daryl? Are you happy with what you got? Btw, I second Lynda's motion - pictures need to be somewhere by now... :whistle