Orandaa!

Guest Orandaa

Guest Orandaa

I can finally post here so I might as well do this!

1. First Real name: Dan

2. Location of where you live: Halifax, Nova Scotia. Beautiful city, but going nowhere. I don't think I'll be living here in a few years.

3. How long have you been raising goldfish? Little less than a year. I've had other fish before, though.

4. Which goldfish is your Favorite? Hmm, which breed? I'd say Moors, Ryukins or Lionheads. My name Orandaa is because of an Oranda I had that died just before I joined here, and Oranda was taken so I tacked on an extra A lol.

5. Hobbies besides goldfish: Photography (I'm in the process of getting a new camera, perhaps a Nikon D40x *drools*), drawing, recording music, working out, playing football and baseball.

Hmm what else? I'll add some other bits of useless info..

Favourite movies: Goodfellas, Resevoir Dogs, 21 Grams, Gone Baby Gone, No Country For Old Men, ..titanic.., Pineapple Express.

Favourite Bands/Artists: HIM (band from Finland), CKY, Imogen Heap, Dear Solace, The Tea Party, UNKLE, The Mars Volta, NWA, Lupe Fiasco. The list goes on.

Favourite Food: Fish and Chips lol! jk, but I do like it. Chicken Parmesean mmm, or Pulled Pork *droool*

Favourite Quote: "Those who complain about which way the ball bounced, are usually the ones who dropped it."

Thats me in a nutshell! :)

Guest Orandaa

We all take things for granted, and a lot of times, until we sit down and think about it, we don't realize how good our lives are. I figured it'd be a good way to connect with each other, so I decided to start this thread up. Here's what I'm thankful for:

My family - I've done some regretable things, as everyone has. I've yelled at my parents, I've had physical fights with my brother since we were kids, but at the end of the day I can shake my brothers hand, I can hug my mom and dad, and most importantly I can tell them all I love them.. and mean it. So that's the #1 thing I'm thankful for, I just thought it deserved a little write up.

My fish! Gotta be thankful for those guys. They bring me joy in ways that they can't understand :D

Living in Canada. Every country has it's ups and downs but I love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything. Not yet atleast :P

University. Even though I may not like it at times, there's billions of people that don't, and will never, have the opportunity to go to school. So I try my best not to take that for granted.

Simple things like going to my place in the Valley, and walking down the dirt road until I get to the pond where turtles, fish, and frogs live in peace. I can sit there until the sun goes down just watching nature and how these creatures live their lives.

My friends. We'll be friends forever, because if we don't... we wont be friends with anyone :P We talk in inside jokes, no one gets us like we get each other. Theres a handful of us, and we're closer than anyone I know. I love it and wouldn't trade them for anything.

So that's me! I find writing these things down makes you think a little more about them. And keeps you concious that the next time you take something for granted, you'll think about how great your life is, despite the hardships. Hopefully some of you will share what you're thankful for :)

..titanic.., Pineapple Express.

:rofl I caught that one in there! I loved Pineapple Express too, the part near the end where the two of them are sitting in the tree having the deep conversation made me cry I laughed so hard :P

I'm in Atlantic Canada too, I've been to Halifax plenty of times, I really love the city :heart

Guest Orandaa

Haha I loved that part. One of my favourites is at the end when all three of them are in the coffee shop or whatever and they put their hands together for a prayer or whatever and they finish, and Red isnt moving and the Saul is like "###### dude... Red's dead" and Red wakes up and hes like "###### I nearly died guys..." hahahaha

Where abouts in Atlantic Canada are you? Halifax is a lovely city but as far as economy and future growth, it's really not going anywhere. We get plenty of opportunities to host large events and rarely take advantage of it. But the beauty of it is nice, all of Canada is nice though :D

:rofl you have me laughing again thinking about the movie, it was just one of those dumb but funny things. I also loved when he bursts into the barn with the guns and shoots the cop yelling (*&%$ the police)

I'm in St. John's, so not even as big as Halifax! I'm finishing my grad degree in a year and have no clue if I'll be able to get work here.

Guest Orandaa

Hahaha as soon as its on video Im buying that movie :P I love when Dale Denton meets Saul at his apartment and Saul's like "Man you have the best job.. you get to sit around and smoke pot all day" and Dale's like "Um... you're a drug dealer... thats all you do, too" and Sauls like "... oh yeah :D " Haha

So you're at Memorial? I know a few people who go there. I'm going to SMU, class starts up on Thursday! Im excited.. kinda :P

Hmmmm im thankful for my family they help me with ups and downs.

thankful for my pets!:goldfish they show me there beauty swimming around and growing.My dog(min pin).his name is Mango.he always play with me no matter wat and never judges me.my two rats Peaches and BooBoo i love how they run around entertaining me all the time!

my friends always with me even if we get in fights a lot!lolthese things i am grateful for!

Oh what a great thread idea :carrot:

I'm grateful for my best friend/s ...who could survive planet earth and all its troubles without at least one or two really special ones.

And clean water to drink and food to eat and my new beautiful happy home away from all the fighting and bad temper of my ex.

First I am thankful for my family & their health.. Most of all Taylor, Shane, my mom, Tanya and and Shane's mom ... I wouldn't know what do to without them.. They are the most important things in my life.. (Shane's dad and other sister too lol but I am extra close to Tanya and shane's mom)

I am thankful for all of my great pets, who've made me soo happy. Especially my dog JJ Getting him changed my life!

I am thankful to have had the best grandparents in the WORLD and to have gotten to know them so well before they passed. They will always have a huge impact in my life, and whenever I am feeling down, or that things are getting to hard, I remember that someday I will get to see them again, and it's worth the pain.

I am thankful for everyday that we are able to stay in our house.. (Issues with my dad). Every day that I wake up here, and we are able to stay just a BIT longer is a good day. I am thankful to have food on the table, to have a roof over my head. To live in a country where I have so many choices.

I am thankful for my two best friends Matt & Jenny.. Jenny & I have known each other since elementary school, and although we keep in touch less now as we got older, I always know that if I need her, I can count on her. (Aww it makes me think of the Bon Jovi song Blood On Blood) And Matt. We've had fights and ups and downs, and we've come to a place where he is like my family. And I am glad I have him.

I am thankful that I was given a second chance at life.

And finally, I am thankful for all of my great koko's friends! : ) And for this board. It's made me a happier person. (Yesterday my brother came over, and said, I've never seen you so happy and interested in something!! That is a big step for him, he is a REALLY strange non social person.)

And finally, I am thankful for all of my great koko's friends! : ) And for this board. It's made me a happier person. (Yesterday my brother came over, and said, I've never seen you so happy and interested in something!! That is a big step for him, he is a REALLY strange non social person.)

That's a great point!! I'm so thankful for this forum and everyone on it :heart

Guest Orandaa

Me too, even in my relatively short time of owning goldfish I've gotten out of a couple bad situations because of advice from different members of the forum :)

Great post Sue, it made me smile :)

Nice to know you better, Dan! :)

I enjoy photography, also, but I'm not too wise about it. I simply have a slight artistic eye, haha..

I just saw this thread--cool idea!

First I'm thankful to live in a country (US) where I can express my faith, pursue my dreams and realize my goals.

My family members are all my best friends and I also have a bf who is basically another best friend I can always go places with.

I am thankful for all my fishies who keep me constantly amused by their little antics!

I am grateful for the opportunity to have not only one but two horses--a childhood dream fulfilled. I've had them for a number of years now and we have very unique and special bonds. You can connect with a horse on a different level than with a dog or cat. It's like we can read each others minds--so cool.

I have a good job, a new truck, my own house and tons of stuff--can't complain there.

And I've been able to go on some of the best road trip vacations ever--so much fun!!!