Where're All The Aussie?

kangakoi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lionchu,

I got the impression from your posts is that you currently have TVR at home or you have keeping them in the pass. I read the book compiled by Dr Johnson the famous fish Doc in the US, the Japanese still preferred to keep ranchu in the traditional ways ie shallow wooden box with tinted green water. it is an art form and also a form of meditation. well, this may be true but I am of the opinion that they may got too much time on hand..hi..hi..

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hiya guys! I'm over here in Melbourne, ahh, only other Aussies will know what it's like to have four seasons in one day... Hahaha.

- Amz.

Since this thread has resurfaced I suppose I should give an update on my current location. I am still in VIC but now in the/close to Melbourne area for uni. Also traveling up Bris way a fair bit to be active in the koi community. No longer breeding bettas or fish of any kind and only have a 102L oranda tank on the go at the moment (The joys of renting! No room for fish!). Still have the rescue goldfish in the ponds at the parents, alongside some of the older fighters in the house. Teles passed away though, oscar an the others rehomed. Missing being immersed in fish!

(For the guys talking about the lack of clubs, even though it was last year, if you see this best way is to get involved with a koi club if possible, as many goldfish people do, with them both being carp/able to interbreed there is a lot of overlap, and a lot of koi people are also goldfish people and vice versa. If we had enough serious goldfish keepers/people and enough breeders to support shows/regular meetings we could probably start our own club using the Bristol standards.)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just joined the forum and I live in Gosford just north of Sydney and did the rounds of the LFS trying to find decent goldfish or many to purchase. I eliminated quite a few LFS by ringing and asking what they had in stock and 90% of the time very little or just the comon varieties ie comment, fantail, baclkmoor etc, not that I have anything against comon varieties just that I am after fancies. In the end I narrowed the list to three shops Lams, Discus World and Crystal Palace. I ended up purchasing a Red Cap Oranda and Red/Whte Ryukin from Lams and a Crown Pearscale from Crystal Palace. All are about 5 inches american or 120 center metres aussie. Hope to hear from someone soon. Paul

• Supporter

Hi, Just joined the forum and I live in Gosford just north of Sydney and did the rounds of the LFS trying to find decent goldfish or many to purchase. I eliminated quite a few LFS by ringing and asking what they had in stock and 90% of the time very little or just the comon varieties ie comment, fantail, baclkmoor etc, not that I have anything against comon varieties just that I am after fancies. In the end I narrowed the list to three shops Lams, Discus World and Crystal Palace. I ended up purchasing a Red Cap Oranda and Red/Whte Ryukin from Lams and a Crown Pearscale from Crystal Palace. All are about 5 inches american or 120 center metres aussie. Hope to hear from someone soon. Paul

hi paul, welcome to kokos :) i'm from Victoria, Melbourne.. you do mean 12.0 cm or 120mm.. correct?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporter

I feel so lonely. No one is from Brisbane except myself :rofl

Well, look at it this way:

Brisbane is all yours! :rofl

I'll claim ownership :rofl

Here you go #2

ozi-fish-australian-goldfish-with-a-cork-hat-and-f_design.png

oh wow! that's one awesome billabongy fishie hun.. what a ripper! :rofl

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...