Where're All The Aussie?

kangakoi

Hey guys,

Where the "bloody" are you? Long time no post. spring is in the air "again" did anyone keeping their fancy outside in ponds and did you notice the sad goldfish suffered from extremt fluctuation in temperatures? I have too netted all the goldfish inside and put on a heater. any discussion if greatly appreciated.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! *waves*

Sorry, haven't looked at these forums for almost a year, my fishies have been healthy and fat and I've been busy.

I am in Brisbane, and I have 2 large bulbous golden fantails - Tubs is about 7 inches from nose to tip of the tail and Aeronaut is about 4 inches. And also a catfish George, but he is very shy.

Where are you in Oz?

Hey! Im in Perth ha ha, a bit away.

I have one single black moor goldfish, in a 45 ltr tank. I cant wait to upgrade tho. How big are/is your tank(s)?

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I guess you guys are up on our 7.5pH, high chlorine and little white S-jerky worm eggs straight out of the tap, eh? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

G'day, I'm from the West, just joined this forum a few day's ago. We don't get stable weather too. Up to 20 deg C fluctuation a day is very bad. I'm still covering my pond and have use a heater till end of Oct.

cheers

• 5 months later...
  • Supporter

okay, okay.. i'm from Melbourne.. hi peoplezzzzzzzzzz!! at least i can say GOODMORNING!! at this time and know that i am correct!! LOL.. i'm always on KOKO'S as of the past few weeks... but lingering around the general forums.. upgrading to a 4ft tank coming tomorrow.. anyone else from Melbourne??

• 7 months later...
Guest goldenswimmers

Brisbane here after living in Sydney for 20years.I moved up to Brisbane and well this is where it has all begun for me with goldfish!

I breed sideview ranchu,fantail,ryukin and oranda.The ranchu are my big breeders(and most work!!)and the fantails,orandas and ryukins are just starting up now.I hope to be breeding top view ranchu and tosakin this year up and coming and will look at moving some soon too so we can get our own good goldfish right here in Oz!!!

Brisbane here after living in Sydney for 20years.I moved up to Brisbane and well this is where it has all begun for me with goldfish!

I breed sideview ranchu,fantail,ryukin and oranda.The ranchu are my big breeders(and most work!!)and the fantails,orandas and ryukins are just starting up now.I hope to be breeding top view ranchu and tosakin this year up and coming and will look at moving some soon too so we can get our own good goldfish right here in Oz!!!

Hi, I remembered you from those S'pore forums that you are planning to some breeding, how's those bbrs doing? You can get tvr here? That's very interesting. I've seen some at our lfs here long time ago but of very poor quality so did not buy.

Victoria here!

Luckily our weather in my town is pretty predictable. Cold in winter, warm in Summer but no huge fluctuations so you can safely keep fish outside all winter in most areas without heaters, though your pond may occasionally get some ice if its in a bad area.

Had to give my pondfish away to a lady with a beautiful pond recently though since I'm moving 200km away and probably into an apartment (renting too so I couldn't dig another pond anyway). Plus the weather in this city is the type to fluctuate so I don't think they would have done too well. I'm thinking I'll set up another goldfish tank when I settle in though.

Victoria here!

Luckily our weather in my town is pretty predictable. Cold in winter, warm in Summer but no huge fluctuations so you can safely keep fish outside all winter in most areas without heaters, though your pond may occasionally get some ice if its in a bad area.

Had to give my pondfish away to a lady with a beautiful pond recently though since I'm moving 200km away and probably into an apartment (renting too so I couldn't dig another pond anyway). Plus the weather in this city is the type to fluctuate so I don't think they would have done too well. I'm thinking I'll set up another goldfish tank when I settle in though.

The cheapest way to start a new setup is to use a shallow tub (50 to 100L) and just an air stone or better still with a sponge filter and place it on the floor of your balcony. In this way you can do w/c quite easily and your fish can get sunlight too. No need to spend big bucks.:)

Victoria here!

The cheapest way to start a new setup is to use a shallow tub (50 to 100L) and just an air stone or better still with a sponge filter and place it on the floor of your balcony. In this way you can do w/c quite easily and your fish can get sunlight too. No need to spend big bucks.:)

Unfortunately where I'm looking at doesn't have a balcony D: Theres stairs and a shared balcony upstairs to get to the apartments, but no private balconies, and I wouldn't be comfortable having fish in a public walkway, in case they were stolen or harmed. I'm going to have a spare 150L (40ish gal) once I move my baby oscar over to a bigger tank anyway, so the plan is to fill it with goldfish. :)

• 2 months later...

hey all, i'm from perth! been keeping fish for 10 years...mostly tropical, discus and african cichlids. i had a goldfish pond but now i've got myself some fancy goldfish so here i am wanting to learn more about these fishes...

• 2 months later...

Lionchu,

where were these "top view" rachu at which LFS that you saw?(name of LFS please) I have tried so hard to locate TVR in Perth and no luck. I saw the post done by one of the member here (also perth) she/he took a picture of Three TVR from which he/she purchased one. I went on a investigation and pound that LFS is was "Vebas" I stood at the very same spot when these foto were taken but the owner would not even have a clude to what TVR is and so do the staffs. Hey, if anyone in Perth saw, seen, see any please tell us, otherwise how do we getting contact with Goldenswimmer in Qld to see if he got any? thanks

Regards

Kanga

Edited by kangakoi

Lionchu,

where were these "top view" rachu at which LFS that you saw?(name of LFS please) I have tried so hard to locate TVR in Perth and no luck. I saw the post done by one of the member here (also perth) she/he took a picture of Three TVR from which he/she purchased one. I went on a investigation and pound that LFS is was "Vebas" I stood at the very same spot when these foto were taken but the owner would not even have a clude to what TVR is and so do the staffs. Hey, if anyone in Perth saw, seen, see any please tell us, otherwise how do we getting contact with Goldenswimmer in Qld to see if he got any? thanks

Regards

Kanga

Hi Kangakoi, are you from Perth too? Aquotix used to import them from Thailand a long time ago but due to the high cost with our import QT regulations, they have stopped that for a few years now. I love TVRs too, can you link me her post? I love to have a look too. If owners of LFS don't know what you are talking about then it's unlikely you are able to get any from them but however there are gems amongst the rubbish they are selling if you are very luck. Two weeks ago saw one quite nice Chinese TVR for $95 at Aquotix but with a big ulcer on it's head. I told them not to sell fish like that but they don't care, me neither.. I have collected enough good fish to start my own bloodline too and I'm also considering some nice fish fro NK farm directly from Thailand later this year. Me and my friend have already established our contacts.

That is so great, thank you lionchu.

I station at Morley, and I think it was d_Godlum must has posted those pictures i will look and getting to you with that thread link. Please keep me in mind if you and your friend succeed in your endever and get theTVRs to Perth( I just want a good look and maybe taking a few pictures).

I have also been to aquotix but did not find that ranchu. if I did iwould have ask them to sell me for cheap and i will fix it. unless I look directly over from the top I just can tell a TVR to a SVR you must be very good. When yousaid you got enought to start a line you were talk about the SVR or you found TVR mixed with SVR offerred for sale? spill the beans please. I am just not very good when trying to read "between the lines" thanks Lionchu.

Regards

Kanga

Lionchu!!! this is the old thread, the staffs at vebas aquarium still use plastic milkcage tostand on to catching fish on the top row tanks and their famous white 2L icecream containers holding catch. hope the link work.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45286-unbelieveable/

Thanks for that link. I live SOR very near Aqoutix. I went there yesterday to buy some FBW but that TVR was gone and they have some very ordinary long bodied lionhead/ranchu crossed and it seems that they are selling a lot more expensive these days. I thought with our strong dollar they should be able to get better fish at much lower prices. If I look at countries like Singapore/Thailand, their quality fish seems to be getting a lot cheaper nowadays but we went downhill instead. Ten years ago I got from Aquotix AAA grade Blackies Ranchu from Thailand at A$300/pair but not anymore.

Yeah, Godlum had manage to get some ordinary TVRs from Vebas in 2006 but they have changed ownership a few years ago, so present owner may not do the same imports. I don't have any fish from Vebas. I can spot a good TVR from side view that's why I always look for gems when I go to the LFSs. TVRs seldom looks good from side view except fish bred by Boss Ranchu. Keeping TVRs are a totally different ball game, it involve using different methods. I hope this helps.

http://www.americang...02009%20TVR.pdf

thank you lionchu,

since we are at the bottom of the list for fish Ie ciclith people come first then cat fish people then koi people then us, also there was no known goldfish club etc in Australia therefore, we are on our own. are you getting BOSS Goldfish over? Wow, that is wonderful, but make sure it worth the trip. I have seen some of the new Dragon eyes Ranchu and Dragon eyes butterfly developed by BOSS and I am jealous to the max. if you can get some of those over here then you would be the first lifemember in "our" not yet formed goldfish club. ha..ha..

I am not really into black goldfish becuase being a typical Asian red and white is best(lucky colours laaa`) I had a few black dragon eyes butterfly moore from aquotix a few year back when they had a big 25% off sale but they got eaten by crows along with my Oranda and some Ryukin. goldfish is now getting order by list and since supplier and LFS owners are not Fancy goldfish "lover" they would all be listed as Ranchu and unless they came directly from Japan they are not the genunien articles ie farm breed ie bad body comformation etc and like you bad....######......? I also like everything top view since pond are much easier than a house full of aquariums and the water changes would sending me to the family court..ha..ha..thanks once again and please keep in touch when you find any others TVR during your goldfish inspection tours