I Cant Find Otto Anywhere!

Shamu23

Hmm well i hope that he wouldn't be stuck under a piece of decoration. Maybe he has jumped out of your tank? I remember when my little fishy did that, i found him on the floor all dried up after school and i was shattered. Hope that he would turn up for you.

Don't give up hope! I bought two ottos last month and within a few days they'd both dissappeared, and I assumed they had died. Well about a week later one of them was swimming around, perfectly healthy. He still goes missing from time to time. The other one never did show up, but I haven't counted him out either!

Do you have a lot of plants? I've noticed they'll cling to the undersides of those.

I spoke to a guy at a pet shop/aquarium yesterday when i brought my plants for my new tank and they guy said that they often "disappear" for up to a week and seem to end up in neighbouring tanks.

well he really is gone. I took everything out of the tank looked in everything, looked through the gravel, vacumed every inch of the tank and looked in the filters which he couldnt fit in anyways but he's not anywhere. And i thought if I would've acciadently sucked him up with the python last week, he would have be in some tank when i filled one but he's not anywhere, I also looked around the tank but he's not there either :(

does the tank have a full hood?

yeah it covers most of the tank

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that Jules! Is he an escape artist or what? When you cleaned the tank did you see anything that would look like remains at all?

no i didnt see anything, and I had already looked once or twice when I first noticed that he was gone. I wonder wat happened to the poor thing :(

but it couldnt just dissappear that quickly, i searched the tank just a few days after he first dissappeared. Cuz i mean, eventhough its a small fish, the bones couldnt dissintegrate (spelling?) in a few days could they?

hmm, there goes my theory. Sorry your otto disappeared Shamu.

yeah i dont think the platies had anything to do with it

I'm not sure what happens, but the times I've lost fish I've never found so much as a bone either....

strange..poor lil guy though, he was a good fishie :(