Mine!

lynda441

I'm not as willing to put possible disappointment out there like Sue did with her Goldfish Connection auction actions, so I kept mine mum as mum. But, I can now admit that I was out there sneaking around doing my private bidding war!

But, I feel confident in saying that, short of the actual call from Rick/Ken, this beauty is ALL MINE!

whiteranchu1.jpgwhiteranchu2.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

LYNDA, I was THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS close to bidding on that one about 20 minutes ago!!! NO KIDDING!!!!! I LOVE that fish, and a part of me thought about putting in a bid just to see...

I am soooo glad I didn't!!! Now, YOU get the fish you've been bidding on (which I didn't know). And I still get to see tons of pics and videos of the fish, AND know it went to a FABULOUS home!!! THis is wonderful! I am sooo sooo happy for you!!

I wish you knew just how close I was to bidding.. Seriously... THIS CLOSE, but something told me not too! : )

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

:rofl3 That's another reason I just couldn't let anyone else win! I'd already named him! lol! His name is Kabuki. After the Japanese Kabuki actors because I think the white matte skin, the black "wig" on top and the "painted" cheeks reminded me of a Kabuki actor!

Well, Sue, I love ya, but I'd have had to kick your a*s on this one! lol!

Oh, and this better not come down to one of those technical finishes like happened before, dad gummit!, where it looks like you win, but then because of some dumb rule, someone else wins..... am I celebrating too soon?!..... ???

Edited by Lynda Von G

Perfect perfect name!!!

You know what Lynda. How many times have I talked about fate/destiny.. The first day I saw the auction, THAT was the fish I wanted on it. But unlike with Kharma and Kismet, something kept telling me NOT to bid this time... Just one of those feelings. It totally makes sense now!!! This one was SUPPOSED to be yours : )

It took Ken a little while to get in touch with me. He said he has been extremely busy. BUT, I am pretty sure if you DON'T get an email saying you were outbid, then you won.. I really really hope it's yours!

I feel so giddy for you! : ) And for real, I feel so much better knowing it went to you!! Otherwise I would have always been wondering "what if I had got that fish". Now I can get updates anytime I want, without having to do water changes or having to spend the money!! : ) I feel like I won too! : )

Well, there was one person who kept dominating the bidding most of the way through. They also had bids on almost all the other ranchus in the whole auction. They must've had some ranchu tank or ranchu breeding in mind. I always gear up for the last 30 minutes and especially the last 5 minutes or less because, if you're playing strategy, that's when it all happens. I had one screen set up with a ceiling bid ready to submit and another screen set up that I kept refreshing every minute to see if this person would put in another bid to outbid me. But, they never did. But, if you're playing strategy, you wait until the last few seconds to do that. I hadn't put in a ceiling bid on any prior bid, but I wanted to be safe in case this person came in with a last second bid, so, at about 40 seconds left, I submitted a ceiling bid for $20 more so that, even if they did try to bid against me again, they wouldn't have had time to put enough bids to outbid me. I knew they didn't have a ceiling bid in on it because never once did this person's bid go up automatically right after mine. I counted that this person had about $500 worth of bids in, not counting mine. I guess they just figured let her have it, I'm already going to owe enoughas it is!

I know! He does look more like a Geisha, but I thought that was sort of an awkward name and that Kabuki just flowed better.

Edited by Lynda Von G

I saw that there were a lot of the same names throughout the whole auction... I kept seeing PAPA and DODI and BABA and stuff like that and at one point I thought "are you kidding me with this???". When I looked your fish was $105.. I thought about putting in a bid just to see if it would go up automatically, and the funny thing is this part of me thought: "If I win, I'm happy, and if I don't, then I drove the other persons price up". LMAO To think you would have been on the other end watching the price go up.. HOW FUNNY! Again, I am so glad I didn't bid. Hey, what was your final price? Do you mind sharing?

It was $105. I bid that with about.... what..... a few hours left. I kept waiting for the strategy to kick in, but it never did. Good.

Bummer is, but that's how auctions go, is that this fish started at $20 and two other people put in one time bids, but this one person kept kicking in bid after bid. I only bid against this person once, but they kept bidding against everyone else. They jacked up the price for nothing! Ah well! It goes to a great goldfish place!

Edited by Lynda Von G

And what was your first ceiling bid, and what was your second ceiling bid? THat was a great strategy by the way..

Crazy! If I had bid, I would have been the one jacking up your price LMAO Can you imagine! You would have been sitting there thinking "JERK" and it would have been ME!!! LMAO

Ohhhhh and just to let you know. If I HAD accidentally stole the fish from you, I would have let you have it.. Now if it was Kismet it might have been a different story, she was meant to be MINE. But If I had ended up with this fish, and found out how badly you wanted it, I would have let you have it..

Yeah! And you'd have had to pay the shipping to send it out to me you jerk! lol! j/k! Nope, never had a ceiling bid prior to the one set with 40 seconds left. I wanted to see if someone else did, so I only bid one bid at a time. And if they did have a ceiling bid and I had one, then we'd have gone back and forth on the price raising it unnecessarily high, so I didn't put in a ceiling bid until the last minute.

Ohhhhhhh I got ya I think.. So you put in the ceiling bid for $20 in the last minute..

Heck NO! You pay the shipping LMAO LMAO

Actually, for real, if that had happened, I could have told Ken that I found out you wanted it, and to call you instead I'm sure.. Or at the very least given him your shipping address don't ya think??

I just told Shane and he couldn't believe it. He knew how I was considering that fish! I am just soooo happy he's yours! : )

I know it'll probably lose the black and the cute pink could turn orange, but, we'll keep fingers and fins crossed!

I know it'll probably lose the black and the cute pink could turn orange, but, we'll keep fingers and fins crossed!

Even if it does lose some or all of his color, he will still be cute and worth the money. Congratulations on the new fish. That was one of the fish that caught my eye in the beginning. :Congrats:

You know what's funny? One of the reasons I decided not to bid was because of my fears that the black might fade. I do believe Kharma's black is already turning in some places!! I won't mind, but I wanted to see how her black holds up before spending more money on another fish because of their coloring. But i think with BOTH of our fish, if they keep their colors, we will be thrilled, if they change, we will enjoy watching them change. And no matter how they turn out, we got EXCELLENT ADORABLE HEALTHY fish! : )

Ken shipped my fish overnight. There was a big box that said "LIVE FISH from DANDY ORANDAS" with handle with care, that. I believe he shipped it Fed-Ex.. He shipped it Thurs night and I got it Friday morning at 9am. The packaging was done amazingly. The entire box was lined with stryrofoam.. Each fish was in it's own bag with water, and oxygen. Each were double bagged and rubberbanded. The bags were very high quality. THEN both bags were places in a larger ALSO sturdy bad, filled with those peanuts.. The package was extremely secure and I don't think those fish felt a THING. They arrived in wonderful condition, have been PERFECT since I got them. You'd never know they had just been shipped... : )

Well, from what I understand, it's quite a process. They fast the fish for a few days before the sale so they won't poop in the shipping bag and cause high ammonia. Then, when it comes time to ship, they put the fish in a bag with oxygen, tie it up, then put the bag in another bag in the opposite direction. This rounds out the bag so there are no corners for the fish to get stuck in. Then they pack it up really well to prevent getting knocked around and send it overnight. Sometimes it's by air and you have to make arrangements to pick it up at the airport directly and sometimes it's via a trucking company like FedEx or UPS. These will deliver right to your door. Then the first thing you need to do is to open the bag and do all the water tests. If there are readings, which there usually are, it's best to get it into new water right away, or at the very least, depending on the readings, to start mixing the shipping water with your water. Then you do your regular quarantine.

Sue darling..... what were your readings when you got your fishies? I mean, in the bag.

Congrats!!!!! I adore him!

He has a nice tail tuck and full body. As a juvinille hard to predict his future wen growth. But I cant wait to see how he grows for you.

I would definately have bought him...he is so cute!!!

As for color change....very possible....however one thing I learnt by experience...black is the hardest color to keep as well as blue

If kept near natural sunlight then it may help him keep his color.

My Blue lost color only when I moved him from a room against a window with sunlight to to a room that he only had artificial light from the tank....just a thought :)

Best of luck with your beauty! I cant wait to watch him grow with u.