Decorations, Airstones, And.. Bubbles.

sheep

I've been drawn to dinosaur skull-shaped decorations for the new aquarium once it's set up. I'm concerned, though, that they might be hazardous to my Moor's eyes.

St-29943-39516-triceratops.jpg

It doesn't look TOO sharp, but I think I'd have to feel it in person before even checking the price.

There are a few others that are more porous.. would sticking an airstone(disc) under one be advisable for an effect??

If air collected under the decoration in any space, especially with the less-porous skulls, would it become toxic or hazardous?

This question is also directed towards any other decoration with holes or openings. :)

As for the airstone, I was looking into this here:

p_rd_14121_22516P.jpg?so maybe place under something if it's safe. If not, it'd be just another fishie toy..?

Comments or advice, please? I'm working on a shopping list! :)

My Moor gets hurt on EVERYTHING!!!!!! If I put anything near Angel other than plants, she will get hurt... I think that ornament is REALLY neat, but I would think it might be scary to have in with your moor...

The airstone looks good I think.. The smaller the bubbles, the better. I use some long bubble bars, but when it comes to air stones, there are MANY options..

Now, that is the last new thread you are allowed to open today! LMAO :rofl

JUST KIDDING! : ) Keep on posting away! (It gives ME a good reason to keep talking hahaha)

***EDIT** OH I have an idea.. Maybe if you wanted to do a dinosaur theme, without hurting the fish as much, you could work on making a background that you can put on the back of the tank with dinosaurs?? THat way you would get the effect, with less pokey ornaments??? Just a thought.

Guest Orandaa

For airstones, I use a regular ball shaped one. I put it between two rocks and rest one of the rocks on top of the tubing of the airstone, just to hold it down.

Like this:

Snapshot_20080831_1.jpg

That way you can't see the airstone, it kinda looks like a geyser or something :D

My Moor gets hurt on EVERYTHING!!!!!! If I put anything near Angel other than plants, she will get hurt... I think that ornament is REALLY neat, but I would think it might be scary to have in with your moor...

The airstone looks good I think.. The smaller the bubbles, the better. I use some long bubble bars, but when it comes to air stones, there are MANY options..

Now, that is the last new thread you are allowed to open today! LMAO :rofl

JUST KIDDING! : ) Keep on posting away! (It gives ME a good reason to keep talking hahaha)

***EDIT** OH I have an idea.. Maybe if you wanted to do a dinosaur theme, without hurting the fish as much, you could work on making a background that you can put on the back of the tank with dinosaurs?? THat way you would get the effect, with less pokey ornaments??? Just a thought.

Ah! I'm almost afriad to put even plants in my 10gal, which is why it's nearly completely bare! XD

I will check, though, to see how rounded or smoothe the dino skull is, if it's at my LFS. In the mean time, I need to get a huge piece of paper! Maybe a poster board and get to work on my dino scene. :) Rawr!

Yeah, and it looks kinda cute, too! XD I was also thinking of sticking a small bubble "wall" against the back on the side of the aquarium that doesn't have a filter. It'll take me a little while to collect these things, but I'm intent on getting what I want for my new goldie-home!? :exactly

I wouldn't make so many threads if I had all of my questions or ideas at once! XD

OHOH! And I could maybe put some soft plants in that look like ferns? @_@

(late reply, was working on aquariums. P: lol)

I surely wouldn't chance it, especially in with my Telescope Eyed fish. Truthfully I wouldn't use it in my 75 gallon either because of Tuck. The boy is "legally blind" and slams head first into anything in his path. :stars

Mmm, yeah..

If I end up ABSOLUTELY having to have it, I may just keep orandas and the like in the 55 gallon? Maybe. Maybe.

But I'm reconsidering the skull. I probably.. won't get it. If I did, I'd keep it seperate from my Moor.?

Oh.. since Toeby's going into the 55gal first, when it's cycled, I could keep it in the 10gal once it's a QT tank! :) Then, I'd have dinosaur themes in both aquariums!? :krazy:

Guest Orandaa

That way you can't see the airstone, it kinda looks like a geyser or something :D

FWOOSHH!!

:blowup:

Thats what happens to my fish when they swim in it! Fwooosh up to the top :P (They dont explode though... thankfully :P )