Pot Bellies And Breeding Stars!

Yes, I'm still laid up with the flu and desperate for things to do, and since the house shrew seems to have dissappeared, I decided to take some pics :P

Here's Penny, look at that little pot belly!!! (And Fred's isn't too shabby either, but he's a pearlie, he's supposed to have one!)

IMG_2378.jpg

Here's the big Kahuna, George...complete with those crazy breeding stars of his

IMG_2387.jpg

Fred and Penny again, she seems like such a little brat, always watching the boys and making sure they're in line

IMG_2390.jpg

Last but not least, family portrait!!! I got Fred on his eyeless side though....

IMG_2393.jpg

oh wow...he has grown so big and nice..I love him... :):heart

Everyone, could I please ask a question...not that if you guys mind I am not asking it..LOL...neways..

In George's close-up there are two little nostril things between the eyes..What are those called???

I have my Lionhead, Chikoo that has them exactly like George..was wondering...do those qualify for pom poms??..I know pom poms are bigger..but just being inquisitive...cos Sunshine does not have them.. :)

Thanks..I love you all...

They are called many things. Nasal lobe, nasal flare, nasal flap, nasal septum, narial flap for example. All goldfish have these and some do grow bigger than others, but they have to be the full-fledged pom pom for it to be considered a pom pom. Smaller, well-developed flares/flaps/lobes don't count.

So, anyway, George is proof that growth is all in the genes! I mean, I'm sure all your fish were fed exactly the same stuff, so it just goes to show we never know what to expect from our babies! They're beautiful, all of them! And I'm so glad Fred found a good mommy to take care of him!

So, anyway, George is proof that growth is all in the genes! I mean, I'm sure all your fish were fed exactly the same stuff, so it just goes to show we never know what to expect from our babies! They're beautiful, all of them! And I'm so glad Fred found a good mommy to take care of him!

:exactly I got Fred in November and he's grown, but not a lot. Then again I know pearlscales probably don't grow as fast, but the difference is interesting. So far Penny seems to be filling out a little but I don't know if she'll break George's growth record.

Penny is still the one of the cutest little things I have ever seen. I love that fish! : )

OMG!!!!!!!! I didn't know George was sooo little and then got soooooooooo big!!! Big George & Little George just doesnt fit anymore at all does it?

All your babies are beautiful. Get well soon! (Maybe you are starting to feel better, since you've stopped imagining that there are pests in your house! Just kiddddddddding lol)

Get well soon! (Maybe you are starting to feel better, since you've stopped imagining that there are pests in your house! Just kiddddddddding lol)

:D lol

Actually, I'm feeling much better. I went out last night...and when I got back Jim told me our fuzzy roomate is back!