Today Is My Lucky Day! (night?)

This doesn't really fit in anywhere.. So I'm posting here:

Okay I have been looking for a particular thread for EVER! I remember when I first came to this board I was reading and SOMEONE mentioned Prime and how long it binds for, and they listed a guideline for changing the water. Like if it's above ____ change the water, if it's below ____ dose with prime.

Someone asked a question back then about prime and I remember trying to find that answer, and could NOT for anything.. It bugged me soooooooo bad.. I never did find it, and everyonce in a while I try weird ways to search for it. The search box never does much for me though.

A while back I started thinking it was Vickie who posted this. I went through as many of her posts as I could searching with no luck. (Although I found the word Prime mentioned about 500 billion times! LOL Vickie you crazy little prime addict!!!!! :rofl )

So I gave up and just figured I would never find it.. It bugs me though. It's totally part of my OCD. I hate losing things, or not being able to find things, and even though this isn't something I physically "lost", I wanted to know where it was!

Tonight I decided to check ONE more time.. I went back to Vickie's posts, and typed find the word "PRIME" on this page.. Within a few pages, a thread came up that said "Getting Sick Of Prime". I thought, hmm this could be it! And in that thread she wrote "We all know that Daryl said Prime binds for 24 hours". But it did not mention the dosing! I thought, fine, maybe it wasn't Vickie. It was Daryl. I was just about to search Daryl's posts (and my god I would have been looking for hours! LOL), when another thread caught my eye. Vickie wrote "sorry to barge in on your thread but I have a question about prime". I opened the thread and read thru starting where Vickie wrote. I didn't see it, I scrolled back up to go to the top of the page, and BAM! The mouse stopped on this:

You can use Prime as an aid in cycling. It binds harmful ammonia and nitrItes for 24hrs, although they will still register on most test kits. Still test your water daily and if anything is registering add a half dose of Prime daily. If the ammonia/nitrIte register 1ppm then do a 50% water change.

It was Fishmerised!!! Vickie posted right AFTER it, and that is why I guess I associated it with her. That and, who doesn't think of Vickie when they hear the word Prime?

I found it I found it.. And yes, I didn't need it anymore. But MAN does it feel good knowing I can cross that off my mental OCD list LMAO

(Yes I will call 2 morrow and make an appt with a psychologist LOL)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...ic=63295&hl=

OH AND at the end of the thread, I found a GREAT post from Daryl that explains alot that involves my bactiera supplement test, which I am going to quote in there!! Lucky day I tell ya!!

Boy, talking about being persistant, Sue! When you try to find something, you REALLY try to find it. I would have given up about halfway in. That is just great that you found it after all! :thumbs:

At least you remembered it had been said.... I'm sittin' here in my pre-alzheimer's world not remembering what I had for breakfast!

Thanks for pointing that one out! I think I'm going to start saving some of these for my own reference, to have on my computer all the time.
Excellent (re)discovery Sue. I'll be adding it to my list right away :D

Lately, I've been trying to add the posts to favorites that stand out to me! There have been way to many times I've gone back looking for something and can't find it. Now even if I SLIGHTLY think I might need to go back and reread it, I save it. Koko's is set up so nice, that you can click favorite and it will actually go the correct page. Some websites will add the MAIN site as your favorite, not the particular thread or page.

Boy, talking about being persistant, Sue! When you try to find something, you REALLY try to find it. I would have given up about halfway in. That is just great that you found it after all! :thumbs:

That can be a good thing, but sometimes its bad.. Like when I spend an hour looking for a particular pen that I just HAVE to have LMAO

At least you remembered it had been said.... I'm sittin' here in my pre-alzheimer's world not remembering what I had for breakfast!

OHHHH please, you look like your 29 you crazy girl!!!!!!!! If you can't remmeber what you had for breakfast there is something else wrong, and it's NOT alzheimers!!! LMAO (honey, lets go through this step by step.. What kind of mind altering drugs have you been taking recently??? LOL)

I didn't read the sub-topic at first and thought Sue found another fish :rolleyes:

Normally, I would rather have the fish! But this was bugging so bad I think I choose finding the thread even over a new fishy!!! Crazy huh?! lol

You're lovely darling! Thank you! But, I remember the memory I used to have; it was almost photographic, so when I forget things I know I should remember, it bothers me! I gotta figure out how to save these threads to favorites like you said, cuz there's some that I've wanted to remember too.

It should be easy to save the faves. On my computer, the favorites star button is on the top, and once you click it it says add or organize. Just click add and it will save it. Then you can organize them into folders and stuff..

I can imagine it is frustrating, especially for seniors as it becomes more advanced. I watched my grandmom go through it, and it was hard. To watch her struggle, and to give her a hug and wonder whether she knew me or not. It was cute in a sad way though.. IN the end her memory was almost 100% gone.. When family would visit her, she had No idea who many of the people where. But when my mom & I visited her, she either called us by the right names. Or on a BAD day, she would think I was my MOM.. (I look like my mom a lot).. It always made me upset to know she couldn't remember things, but knowing that some part of her always remembered my mom & I made me realize how special I was to her.. Aww, I miss her so much, she was a really special woman.

Shane's grandmom is going through it now.. She gets so angry with herself. She calls herself stupid and gets very disappointed.. I hate to see her get that way. She is hilarious though. She's not a typical grandma. When I first met her she said "Everyone thinks I am a real B*tch so If I am one to you, just tell me!" LMAO She & I got along RIGHT away.. SHe knows I am always down on myself, and whenever I start to say something negative, she is the first to say "don't BE like that".. If anyone even makes a JOKINGLY rude comment to me, she is right away "DON'T BE MEAN TO SUE!". She yells at everyone if they even try to mess with me.. SO now I have to tell her to quit being so hard on herself...

But yeah, back to you Lynda LOL Your memory might be fading a bit, but ya look awesome!!!! I told you didn't I how Shane saw your picture and was like "who is that, she is HOT!!!!???".

OKay I am not even sure your actual age, (I know you told me one time). But anyway, shane has no idea and I just said to him "how old do you think Lynda is?". He said 35.

I don't see a favorites star button at the top of my compu.... oh! you mean, the regular web toolbar?! So, it's not a Kokos thing. I see... Switch those two numbers babe... and in 1 1/2 months, you can add a 1 to it... ugh....

Edited by Lynda Von G

Oh yeah, sorry to confuse.. Regular web toolbar, not koko's.. LOL

No. I am sorry. I just can't believe it for a second.. Seriously.. It's just not possible... My mom is 58, and she looks GOOD. But I mean, seriously, you look amazing!!!! You MUST hear that all the time, right??? I hope you take this the right way, because I mean it in a good way, but I don't know if it's going to come out right! As a "35 year old" you are absolutely beautiful. But As the BACKWARDS number??? OMG you're up there with Heather Locklear. It's like the two of you hit 35 and thought "nah. Don't feel like getting older".. I thought she was the only one.. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez hottie!!! LOL

Heather Locklear? I don't think so. That girl has the money to buy that "no wrinkles" face! lol! Okay, nuff talkin' 'bout me! :tomuch:

Prime Addict???!!! I resent that, lol!! :rofl Debbie calls me the Prime Queen I'll have you know! :D

And Lynda, seriously, you and I are the same AGE??!! No freaking way, girlfriend! I've seen your pic and I wasn't built like that when I was a teenager for lordsake. But it does crack me up when people ask me how old I am and say NO WAY!! I guess we are supposed to have gray hair in a bun, calf length flowered dresses and sensible shoes.

I have news for you "youngins". 50 is the new 30, not 40. When your heart and mind stay young the rest of you follows. But I know what you mean about forgetting silly things that drive you insane. It happens to me often.

OK, we are officially :BTT here. :rolleyes:

Well, you Prime addict... It takes one to know one, and I am one too LOL

Hmm we are off topic, but at least it's a topic I started right? Better than getting off topic on someone else's thread :rofl

Well, all I know is you guys are BOTH young at heart and really fun, and that's what matters... : ) I love ya both!!!