Where I've Been, What I've Done, What I'm Gonna Do

Jon

Yesterday was my last day at my job as i only work during the summer. It was my last day because i want to spend the last few days of summer of friends before school starts on the 2nd. Ill be a junior(11th grade) Needless to say, im not too excited. I dont have any really intresting shop classes. just computer classes and then the regular classes like chemisty, math, english, and social studies.

Over the summer, i didnt do much. We usually go on a nice week long vacation, but that didnt really work out this summer. Early in the spring, i had gotten a car. An 83 honda civic 1500dx to be exact. It was quite a rusty pile of junk that was scary to take above 25 mph. But with new struts, tires, control arms, axle shafts, brakes, ect, its quite stable.

Just after school had gotten out, my dad and i went to madison for the last leg of the hot rod power tour. There we stayed a night and saw lots of cool cars. We didnt participate in it because it was to far out of the way to do. However, next year, it starts in madison and we will hopefully participating in it with our 1972 amc javelin sst. While im on that topic, last winter we sent the engine out for machine work. We had it bored .030 and we had 4 bolt main caps added for the additional needed strength. When it was all done, it had about 550 hp. Just recently, we ran into head gasket problems, so we have to send it to the machine shop again to have extra head bolts added. One day we are planning on either running a super charger, or some kind of dual turbo set up.

Ive had to go to 3 funerals. One was an old friend of mine's brother, my grandfather, and my great grandmother. Because of these, we didnt get to do a vacation. However, we did go to great america alot so that was fun. Before this summer, i hated roller coaster(or so i thought) but then my dad made me go on one and it was alot of fun, so now im hooked lol.

As for fish. I dont have anymore. Havent had any for a while. But, im thinking about doing it again. I brought the 30 gallon up to my room. Its not set up yet though. Im still not positive on what kind of fish i want. Im thinking african cichlids, but im not sure.

Anyways, heres a pic of my car after I took care of the severe rust.

privatehonda.jpg

:)

Good to see you again :)

As for fish. I dont have anymore. Havent had any for a while. But, im thinking about doing it again. I brought the 30 gallon up to my room. Its not set up yet though. Im still not positive on what kind of fish i want. Im thinking african cichlids, but im not sure.

Do it! You know you want to ;)

83 honda civic 1500dx

have you every seen the movie employee of the month?

http://www.employeeofthemonthfilm.com/

well watch the trailer and you will see the clip i am taking about :D

i am also in the 11th grade just think man only 2 years and we will be in college

I want to start keeping fish again, its just that im not sure if i want to take on the responsability of keeping them healthy and happy.

"This is an 81 honda. HOW DARE YOU!" lol. I just may have to go and rent that movie now. It is wierd that in 2 years we will be in college. It seems like just a month ago, i was finishing up 5th grade. Where has the time gone?

I want to start keeping fish again, its just that im not sure if i want to take on the responsability of keeping them healthy and happy.

"This is an 81 honda. HOW DARE YOU!" lol. I just may have to go and rent that movie now. It is wierd that in 2 years we will be in college. It seems like just a month ago, i was finishing up 5th grade. Where has the time gone?

That is the fav part of the movie. Also pedro is in the movie...

that is how i feel like time...school gets shorter every year.

well good luck getting fish..if u do get them

congrats on getting a car!! My parents refuse to get me one lol and i have no money cuz i've been turned down for both jobs I applied for :glare: . I love rollercoaters too! And hope u start keeping fish again soon!

Nice to see you Peaches. My Mother use to have a Honda civic similar. You've done a good job on it- looks new.

Hope you decide to get back into fish in the near future :)

Thanks! My dad and i got the engine put all back together last night after taking it apart to fix a leaking intake manifold gasket. That was not much fun. Since that care has a cvcc (compound vortex controlled combustion) engine, theres about 18,400 vacume lines that needed to ba taken off. Needless to say, getting them back together the right way was not fun.

Shamu, Good luck getting a job. Mabey once you get one you can buy a car yourself ;) lol

It wasnt. But im glad its all back together and running good now. Ive noticed it has more power and im getting better gas milage. And yes, it is a manual. :D

Wally world huh? Sounds like a blast! You'll have even more fun when you have to organise and make sure all the cosmetics are in the right place. ;)

It wasnt. But im glad its all back together and running good now. Ive noticed it has more power and im getting better gas milage. And yes, it is a manual. :D

Wally world huh? Sounds like a blast! You'll have even more fun when you have to organise and make sure all the cosmetics are in the right place. ;)

lol..one of my friends work there he was like "oh great i will see you at school and work"

must sound cool switching gears...do u know the mpg?

Edited by FishCrazy

well, we filled up the gas tank today. Then we took it for a 90 mile drive. The gas gauge is just slightly above 3/4. Once i hit 100 miles on the trip, we'll fill it up again and see how many gallons it takes. Then you just do 100 / (amout of gas filled)= then ill get the milage im getting. Im assuming its around 35-45 mpg.

well, we filled up the gas tank today. Then we took it for a 90 mile drive. The gas gauge is just slightly above 3/4. Once i hit 100 miles on the trip, we'll fill it up again and see how many gallons it takes. Then you just do 100 / (amout of gas filled)= then ill get the milage im getting. Im assuming its around 35-45 mpg.

that is great..you must make your dad mad.

hey dad see this 10 dollars that is my whole tank :P